JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You haven't been paying attention:

from Wikipedia:

"Upon presidential proclamation, which has recently included: the interment of Frank Buckles, the death of Senator Ted Kennedy; the remembrance of the 9/11 attacks, the death of Pope John Paul II, the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in 2003, the victims of Hurricane Katrina, the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, the deaths of Coretta Scott King and Rosa Parks, Virginia Tech massacre, Fort Hood massacre, the death of Libyan Ambassador Chris Stephens, the 2012 shooting in Aurora Colorado, and Friday's Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting."

Forgot one they flew them at half mass when princess Diana died as well. and i agree they should have been flown at half mass for remembrance of the Massacre that happened at that school.

This settles it. Yes, flying flags at half staff is appropriate in this situation. From the United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1:

§10. Modification of rules and customs by President
Any rule or custom pertaining to the display of the flag of the United States of America, set forth herein, may be altered, modified, or repealed, or additional rules with respect thereto may be prescribed, by the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, whenever he deems it to be appropriate or desirable; and any such alteration or additional rule shall be set forth in a proclamation

Source:

Flag Code

This country is in distress therefore the proper way is upside down. That may upset the falsely patriotic. But the truth is we are bankrupt and TPTB running the show, directing the nation are a$$holes and using us as a tool in the Middle East in their quest for WWIII.

When we are done being used as a tool, aka the billy club for the financial elite, we will be discarded.
The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal.

As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

Oh no, another dick head libral thinks he needs to speak up. I got something here to run up your pole at half staff buddy...

Some folks are just rigid, insensitive, limited thinkers who cannot spell or understand another point of view.

That aside, I figure if folks can decorate their homes, clothes and other material possessions (such as men's ties) with images of the U.S. flag why bubblegum about the Commander in Chief ordering it flown at half staff ?

Flying the flag at half mast I hope will never loose it's significance. But flying it at half mast to much and it likely will.

However the President can order flags at half staff. Other than college football needing a playoff system and the ordering the flags at half staff for this, I can't think of anything else I agree with Obama on. Afterall, we as a nation are in mourning.

Ah the internet generation

Try reading the U.S. Flag code (i.e. the source) for an actural understanding of what is said.

"I believe our entire nation is mourning 28 innocent lives right now."
I am not in mourning. I did grive for the children and thier families. I paid homeage and respect to them but I am not in mouring.
If you had respect for the families you would not claim to be in mouring becuse you have no connection to them. By making such a claim you cheapen their pain.

Were in mouring when the 2 boys were murdered and burned in Seattle. Where does the number start for you and the nation to be in mouring?
Is it 10, 20, 25. How dare you claim only when a certain number of children die at the hands of a murderous bastard that the nation should mourn.
I pay you never know the pain of such an event. I fear you would not survive it.

Angry aren't you? Do you feel better now that you've won a battle of semantics with me? :D

Sorry, "We are a nation feeling a lot of sorrow right now." Is that better?

You have no idea what painful events I've known or anything else about me. Thanks for your concern and prayers, though ;)

Well i cant think of a politician that would deserve the flag flown at half staff if they died. I'd be much more inclined to say that the innnocence of a group of kids in kindergarten deserve it more than our backstabbing politicians

MarkAd;

Most children who die aren't executed. The ones who are murdered are usually killed by a family member. Not to say that that makes your death any less tragic, but there are 20 families who have had their worst fears come true.

There isn't a number count that makes this more important than other incidents. Hell, I hate kids, and even I feel that the Connecticut shooting is just beyond terrible.

Now, to back up a few years...

Were you mad that on September 12, 2011, flags EVERYWHERE in this country were flown at half mast? Not just federal and state buildings, but on homes across the country... Did this anger you?

Despite what you think about Adam Lanza, or what he did, or how important the kids that he murdered were... He has now given a devastating blow to this country, gun owners in particular. He could have used a black powder musket and still provided the same thought process to our government. Americans are now less afraid of bombs than they are of firearms, despite our worst tragedies happening with explosions.

Oh, and this is America. I can fly the flag any which way I want, spray painted with a crudely drawn penis, with the stripes turned hot pink... Don't forget that the 1st Amendment exists.

Angry aren't you? Do you feel better now that you've won a battle of semantics with me? :D

Sorry, "We are a nation feeling a lot of sorrow right now." Is that better?

You have no idea what painful events I've known or anything else about me. Thanks for your concern and prayers, though ;)

You're right about the semantics bring very important. There is a difference between sorrow and mourning and grief.

What i know about you, you seem to like guns since you are on a gun forum. you claim to be in Reno NV, your name and avatar suggest your female. You use humor as a weapon at times. And you seem to project sincerity when you express thanks.

The flag is flown at half-staff at Federal installations upon Executive Order or Proclamation.

Sometimes it's for somber anniversaries, such as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor, or the death of a former president or national figure, or for tragic events.

The White House tries to get the order out to installations flying the flag the night before, so it gets properly raised to full staff the next morning, then lowered to half staff, when the installation opens for business that day.

I noticed that when the flag was ordered to half staff for the 5 Dallas Officers,
The crew at the White House, raised the flag to half staff instead of raising up full and then lower to half staff.
Seems the White House can't get anything right!! :confused:

I noticed that when the flag was ordered to half staff for the 5 Dallas Officers,
The crew at the White House, raised the flag to half staff instead of raising up full and then lower to half staff.
Seems the White House can't get anything right!! :confused:
True. They can't. The flag should be raised to full staff to salute and recognize America first, then lowered to half staff to honor the person(s) in the order.

We went for how many years without the flag at half staff unless the President died? Its half staff about 1/3 of the year now.I see the half staff deal as a political statement . Most of the time I have no idea why.

The WH is lowering the flag to half-staff to bring awareness of the "gun" problem that plagues America and help with their anti gun policy. At the same time taking everyones eye off the real problem (radical sheetheads) and at no time do they care about the cops that have fallen they are just a means to help them them push their point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top