JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I feel very sad for what happened back east yesterday. But why is the nation's capital flying the flag at half mast for the deaths of the kids and adults? None of them were elected officials. None of them were in the military. Yes it is sad but not worthy of a national recognition. So why?

I fully disagree -the mass murder of our young should put the country into morning and asking the question why. I support the flying of our flags at half mast.

James Ruby

Then I guess we should fly the flag at half mast 24/7...365. Unfortunately, kids are killed everyday. As well as adults. That is very sad but true. The origin of flying the flag at half mast was for elected officials and military personel. Don't get me wrong. I think it is very tradgic what happened.

You haven't been paying attention:

from Wikipedia:

"Upon presidential proclamation, which has recently included: the interment of Frank Buckles, the death of Senator Ted Kennedy; the remembrance of the 9/11 attacks, the death of Pope John Paul II, the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in 2003, the victims of Hurricane Katrina, the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, the deaths of Coretta Scott King and Rosa Parks, Virginia Tech massacre, Fort Hood massacre, the death of Libyan Ambassador Chris Stephens, the 2012 shooting in Aurora Colorado, and Friday's Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting."

True, kids die every day, but they are not mass-murdered every day. Flags are flown at half-mast to mark days of national mourning. I believe our entire nation is mourning 28 innocent lives right now :( Sorry you don't agree.

The President can order national flags (flown on national buildings) to half mast. The Governor can order state flags to half mast.

If you put your own flagpole up, you can fly your own flag any damn way you want, including upside down or on fire. But the way flags bought with our taxes are flown is up to the executive in charge of that entity. (Which, of course, makes ordering half mast a political decision, but that's exactly the way I would want it. I'd wonder about a President who felt bound by some rule when children get lit up at school.)

When the President orders national flags to half mast, most folks with their own flagpoles follow suit. But not always.

Ah the internet generation
You haven't been paying attention:
from Wikipedia:
Try reading the U.S. Flag code (i.e. the source) for an actural understanding of what is said.

"I believe our entire nation is mourning 28 innocent lives right now."
I am not in mourning. I did grive for the children and thier families. I paid homeage and respect to them but I am not in mouring.
If you had respect for the families you would not claim to be in mouring becuse you have no connection to them. By making such a claim you cheapen their pain.

Were in mouring when the 2 boys were murdered and burned in Seattle. Where does the number start for you and the nation to be in mouring?
Is it 10, 20, 25. How dare you claim only when a certain number of children die at the hands of a murderous bastard that the nation should mourn.
I pay you never know the pain of such an event. I fear you would not survive it.

I fought under that Flag. I want it flown at half staff to honor the teachers who died protecting their students. They fought under that Flag too as far as I'm concerned..
MSgt Don

I fought under that Flag. I want it flown at half staff to honor the teachers who died protecting their students. They fought under that Flag too as far as I'm concerned..
MSgt Don

Forth up...Thank you VERY much for your service. You have my upmost respect. Yes I agree the teachers gave there lives in a selfless act to save children. I am not taking that away from them at all.

Samuelm16, I am not sick at all. Something must offend you by my asking the question. You do not know me or my morals. So do not accuse me of having some sort of mental disorder.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top