JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to hear about this. During the gun rush a few years back, I got burned twice within 2 weeks by 2 different members. Deal agreed, I was first in line, took a day off, then whadda ya know I get the no communication treatment only to find out later they sold it to someone else. Oh well, just gotta forgive and move on. But yeah, I hear ya, it sucks.

Last Edited:
how do I give feedback on something that never happened?

This isn't ebay. You can click on the person's username, click on their feedback score, and click the red button that says "add feedback." That's all. You can leave neutral feedback with a caution for others, or if he wronged you, leave negative. I once drove 30 miles out to meet a guy from the coast that was supposed to buy a rifle last summer. He called me 30 minutes late saying he'd just woken up, and wasn't coming because he had found a "better deal" the day before. (Not a member anymore.)

You say "members" (plural vs single) as if more than one person stood you up.
While I hardly qualify as a "frequent flyer," I've done 2 deals here with members and both went well.
A certain percentage of flakes will populate all forums, craigslist, ebay, gun forums, whatever.
I'd hesitate to paint 'em all with one brush.

Last Edited:
I've been buying/selling/trading with members on this forum for nearly six years, with only a couple of flakes. Don't let one floozie discourage you; the vast majority of the men and women who are members here are honest and honorable. When in doubt, a quick peek at a member's trade rating can be a good indicator on how trustworthy said member will be.

I thought that I had a deal done to buy a pistol from a member of this site , but he just pulled it without saying anything to me, gives me a lack of confidence in the members.

Not sure why you would let one transaction taint your view of the rest of the members here. Many of us do business in the classifieds without a problem. I can tell you for an absolute fact that things like that do happen here, but they are far less common here than on places like Armslist, where I have been flaked on numerous times. This site does not monitor members, what they place for sale or how they act with regard to deals - it's up to the individual members. And yes, negative or neutral feedback is appropriate if you get flaked on here - and you have the site owner's blessing to do just that if someone disrespects the art of the deal. And leaving that neutral or negative feedback, when it's warranted, helps protect everyone else from a potentially flaky seller.

As others already pointed out, always check the feedback scores of people here before you contact them. If the feedback is good, you're much more likely to have a good transaction. Just click on any user's name to see their feedback score:

Capturelskjdflksjdflskja.JPG

Now, what were you supposed to be buying? I've got a few items in the classifieds and I've got 100% positive feedback to boot ;) Oh, and I'm in OC too....:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
It must have been a new member. Trust me, regulars would never do that without some line of communication on why they had pulled the pistol.. A scarlet letter of a bad trade rating follows you like the plague. Always look at the members trade rating, sign up daye and message post count before committing to avoid any of these flakes. There are t many but they do find their way to NWFA

There are some folks on here who have low numbers, but are still great guys. Im just saying for future reference always scope those things out.

Last Edited:
Are you sure you were first in line?

Are you sure the deal was done - i.e., you setup a time and place to buy it?

I don't hold it against someone if they decide not to sell, or not to sell to me - that is their prerogative.

But I would hold it against them if they didn't show for a scheduled meet, or they raised the price once we met, or what they brought wasn't what was agreed on.

Sorry guys it was me that didnt reply to the OP
I thought I had replied to all messages about the pistol i had listed.
I cleared my inbox and didnt realize I had not replied to everyone.

Sorry guys it was me that didnt reply to the OP
I thought I had replied to all messages about the pistol i had listed.
I cleared my inbox and didnt realize I had not replied to everyone.

Good of you to step up and let folks know what happened. Sounds like an honest mistake to me, no reason to pass any grief your way.

Good of you to step up and let folks know what happened. Sounds like an honest mistake to me, no reason to pass any grief your way.

No it is my fault I should of taken more care to make sure I had replied to everybody.
I have sent a message to the OP offering an apology and explaining why I removed the pistol from sale.

Something else for the OP to consider also is if you're looking to buy a gun and are very new to the forum and have no feedback. A seller may get the heebie-jeebies, for whatever reason, and back out. I'd consider that to be his right. It might suck for the buyer but that's the way it needs to be.

Stick around @Mike Johnson, a lot of good people here!

It's tough to get to everyone and get all the info.

I had posted a free ad for some stuff and thought it was strange no one PM'd me. But found out my inbox was full of old messages.
I wish they would add space for messages or at least notify you if someone is trying to message you and it's full.

Good trader's outweigh the bad please stay. I have been a member here since 2008 Have only found 1 that screwed me out come is still pending if he steps up and makes thing right, If not I will out him here And I dislike saying Negative words about anyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top