JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reading my post I'm not sure I like how it sounds. I say I have 30 rifles like that means I know something. I guess its just bragging but it makes me sound a little insecure. I must be turning into an old fart. But please don't let that discredit the Tikka 595. It is a shooter.
Now about that Blaser. It was in 300 weatherby mag when I shot it. There factory ammo was insane expencive! It was accurate as heck. But Oh do you pay for that accuracy. I supose with a $5000 rifle my friend was not concerned with $70-$100 a box ammo. He allso had a second barrel in .223 with its own zeiss scope. The Blaser is set up to take multible barrels. I did not shoot the .223 barrel. But The 300 barrel was a lazer!
I don't reload. Some day I hope to. I may think more of my other rifles if I did.
Lastly. In sept. american rifleman is a story about Maj. John W. Hession's famous 1903 springfield rifle. It won at wimbleton and many other events. Could that be the one your thinking of Dean. Anyways great article.

First off, thanks for answering my question.
I've been reading about the high quality of both the Blaser and the Tikka for years now.
As for the Wimbledon comment - you know, you got me thinking now.
I think the gun writer was Bill Jordan.
I saw a B&W pic in Shooting Times, some years ago, of a guy sitting on a chair holding an '03 Springfield and it mentioned who the shooter was.
I thought it was Bill Jordan and I thought the competition (which is where the pic was taken) was Wimbledon....or maybe Camp Perry?
He won the 1000 yard match and the gun was an '03 Springfield. That much I DO remember!
I'll do some research, 'cuz now I'm curious.
Would like a PM about this, when (if) I find an answer?

Dean

So, I tried to go out and shoot the 06 and the three mosins I have aquired recently(two 91/30's and one M44) along with some other firearms. I had everything ready to go and staged at my Brothers place because he was driving and when we got there He forgot to load up my 06 and 54r ammo. He brought my ammo for everything else but my main goal for the day was to shoot the mosin and the 06. Maybe next time.

I was considering switching from 30-06 to 308, because I really wanted a SAPR. However, I think there is enough benifit to keeping the 30-06 and trying to figure something else out for a SAPR. I am thinking a Browning BAR(not the military verson) if I can find the high capacity mags in 30-06 or a PSL/Vepr/something in 7.62x54r. I am really like for a SAPR with at least the ability to have 10 round mags and still be reliable, along with the ability to mount optics. Basically I am looking for a SHTF Semiauto with vehicle stopping power. 5.56 isn't going to fit the bill there.

Get a Ruger Scout rifle. Sweet!

So, I tried to go out and shoot the 06 and the three mosins I have aquired recently(two 91/30's and one M44) along with some other firearms. I had everything ready to go and staged at my Brothers place because he was driving and when we got there He forgot to load up my 06 and 54r ammo. He brought my ammo for everything else but my main goal for the day was to shoot the mosin and the 06. Maybe next time.

I was considering switching from 30-06 to 308, because I really wanted a SAPR. However, I think there is enough benifit to keeping the 30-06 and trying to figure something else out for a SAPR. I am thinking a Browning BAR(not the military verson) if I can find the high capacity mags in 30-06 or a PSL/Vepr/something in 7.62x54r. I am really like for a SAPR with at least the ability to have 10 round mags and still be reliable, along with the ability to mount optics. Basically I am looking for a SHTF Semiauto with vehicle stopping power. 5.56 isn't going to fit the bill there.
Forgive my ability to read through abbreviations, but...

SAPR?
Single Action Practice Rifle?
...????...

SHTF?
SHut The...no, that can't be right.
...????...

What the heck are you people trying to say?! (WTHAYPTTS?) :huh:

signed,
Wondering why everything on the net looks like Polish?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top