JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Normally I may agree, but this has been a different year than past "apocalypses". Based on what happened the past few months I no longer think they are worried about losing seats in the mid-terms if they over-play their hands. They can just fix those elections, too...
Heard the same things during both Obama terms and the midterms during his presidency.

Heard the same things during both Obama terms and the midterms during his presidency.
Me too. They have also refined their methods since then. They take two steps forward, we compromise them back a step, yet in the end they've still advanced their agenda and netted a step closer to their goal. Add to that the number of non or anti-gun people who are purchasing firearms because they see the writing on the wall. That's not something we've commonly seen during previous administrations. Not an alarmist, just a realist. It could argued that the reason we are here today is because of an aggressive left and a wait-and-see right.

Me too. They have also refined their methods since then. They take two steps forward, we compromise them back a step, yet in the end they've still advanced their agenda and netted a step closer to their goal. Add to that the number of non or anti-gun people who are purchasing firearms because they see the writing on the wall. That's not something we've commonly seen during previous administrations. Not an alarmist, just a realist. It could argued that the reason we are here today is because of an aggressive left and a wait-and-see right.
Well said..

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your service and sorry you habe to witness the country you served for coming to this. I was always told veterans served to protect our rights. It feels like such a shame all the blood and valor was squandered for naught.

Glad to see another good guy joining the ranks.
As others have stated. Pick up where you left off. There are MANY people who have extras for loan in time of need. And it is like riding a bike. But i suggest you get a optic for you bike if your eyes have aged.
There are TONS of GREAT cheap optics these days. Whether you want battle optics or long range precision optics.

I think youll find AR's in the civilian world CAN be ALOT more accurate than rack grade military spec rifles.

I suggest you check out .223/556 calibers and also look into grendel. Its almost a .308 in a AR15 size frame. Also a great game getter.

For a pistol i would reccomend looking into glock 10mm's. Its an extremely reliable firearm. Can be loaded full power or downloaded to about 40 cal.
10mm is finally gaining in popularity for very good reasons.
Also might want to check out a 7.5 BRNO its a new caliber. Its a pistol made to be as accurate as a rifle AND pack as much of a punch. 7.5 BRNO is probably one of the few calibers available right now and the cost is (NOW) probably on par with everthing else out there. It also COMES FROM THE FACRORY with a 10mm barrel as well. So with one pistol purchase ($1600) you can shoot three calibers (.40sw/10mm/7.5BRNO) its extremely compact and VERY capable.

If you could only pick one.. That would be my choice. If i move out of state. Theres a good chance ill get one.

Thanks for joining the good fight Sir!

Last Edited:
Thank you for your service and thank you for this fine introduction. With more people like you - and to steal back a phrase from the left - that are on the right side of history, we can prevail. The number of people who believe in the 2A are a large bunch of people, we just need the courage to resist and resist in the right way. Backing and supporting a local Sherriff who refuses to comply with an anti-2A law is far more effective than someone flaunting their Desert Eagle at Wendy's.

We need more wisdom and less machismo.

Welcome aboard! Great bunch of people I have met. Haven't really talked to or met anyone with anything negative. Grab yourself an AR or an AR kit. Think about the size rounds you want (223/5.56 or something like a 308 7.62). That will tell you if you want to start with an AR15 or an AR10 platform.

Handguns - you know them. Most are about like what you carried in the military. I carried the 1911 at first then the Barettas, then we are were kinda special and issued some glocks.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Stay safe!

Nothing like a late starter.
I, for one, saw the necessity of firearms ownership that struck me deeply when at the age of 2, I saw pictures of mass murdered Jews in the Encyclopedia Britannica.
I've always felt that in order to be an American, one must/should be armed.
Anyway, welcome to the site.

A couple of thoughts:
Multiple calibers with a barrel, or slide change for semi auto pistols. Maybe a different ejector and magazine for a handgun. Some revolvers can do cylinder swaps or multiple calibers.
AR's can have different uppers, based on the receiver. Or barrel swaps are also doable.
If you are into 'machine shop' workings, fixed barrels on rifles and revolvers can be done.
Buckskin Bill did some interesting things with old mining drill bits!
Yep, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. Like many others have stated I would buy out of necessity right now! I would also buy a platform that is familiar. Personally I've never own a 1911 never been a big a fan. But that doesn't mean it's not a good platform specially if you are familiar with. I stick to my Glocks (17,19) and a Springfield XDS Mod 2 with CT Red dot but there are a lot reasonable priced striker/hammer fired semi autos Sig, Beretta, FN, HK have some good ones as well! Now this is where things get interesting I have a MP15-22 which is the .22LR version of the big brother MP15 in 556/22.3. I also have a GSG Mauser AK47 in 22LR. While some may laugh I do reasoning behind this the main one being AMMO! While you can still find some reasonable prices 556, 7.62 we are talking a drastic amount in different 20-30 rounds for $26 versus the 500 round bulk pack for $28. I have an army of freedom seeds! The recoil is basically non existent. Great for beginners or somebody trying to work on their shooting fundamentals without breaking the bank! While I'm not going to use a .22 for Carry I still find them extremely useful! Best of luck with your purchases!

Welcome to the club and thanks for your service. I shot expert in the CG with both the 45 and the 9mm. I see Beretta M9's pop up once in a while pretty reasonable but it's always when I don't have the extra scratch to pick one up. I'll get one at some point for sure.
Like others have mentioned, I agree that you should go ahead and overspend a little right now to get something you can use for home defense with a couple boxes of way to expensive rounds. At least you'll have your protection and then when things calm down a little, start picking up the fun guns and stacking up the ammo for the next shortage.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top