JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I consider myself an adverage joe. My experience with firearms is limited to my military years. I served in the Navy for over 20 years as a Seabee. I know the M16 A1/A2 and A3 like the back of my hand. Earning my Expert rifleman medal, I also had experience with the 45 and the the 9mm, earning expert pistol medals for each. So I know more then someone who has never owned a gun.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would ever need to own a firearm as a civilian. The current politcal situation has suddenly woken me up. All of us Americans are on the verge of losing our second amendment rights. A friend of mine told me about your website and suggested I join. Aside from my military experience I have little or no experience with civillian firearms, therefore I welcome advice from people who would like to suggest where I begin. The totalitarian left wants to take our guns, therefore I believe the more of us that own firearms, the harder it will be for them to do it. In the military, I took an oath to support and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Ladies and gentlemen, a domestic enemy is now upon us.

Seems like starting with firearms similar to what you used in the service might be a good idea.
Some of that muscle memory with the firearms you used then could come back to you.
Just my opinion, based on the fact we might need to use them sooner than later.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for serving our country.

Having been through a few of these gunpacolypse's and a private citizen owning guns through the last 15-20 years. I can say, hold off until the dust settles before trying to buy something. You'll only lose money buying now versus waiting till the demand resides in a year or two.

Well said, and welcome to the forum.
"...against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I don't remember seeing an expiration date on that oath. :s0160:

Welcome and thank you for your service. Having shot Expert in the service how about getting back into shooting Highpower Rilfe?
Matches are open to the public. DRRC is a great program it has rifles to loan and ammo for matches.

Seems like starting with firearms similar to what you used in the service might be a good idea.
Some of that muscle memory with the firearms you used then could come back to you.
Just my opinion, based on the fact we might need to use them sooner than later.
My FIL hadnt touched an m16 since leaving vietnam/ leaving the army. 50 years later i hand him my AR and it was like not a day had gone by since he last shot one. muscle memory x1000 there LOL.

I consider myself an adverage joe. My experience with firearms is limited to my military years. I served in the Navy for over 20 years as a Seabee. I know the M16 A1/A2 and A3 like the back of my hand. Earning my Expert rifleman medal, I also had experience with the 45 and the the 9mm, earning expert pistol medals for each. So I know more then someone who has never owned a gun.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would ever need to own a firearm as a civilian. The current politcal situation has suddenly woken me up. All of us Americans are on the verge of losing our second amendment rights. A friend of mine told me about your website and suggested I join. Aside from my military experience I have little or no experience with civillian firearms, therefore I welcome advice from people who would like to suggest where I begin. The totalitarian left wants to take our guns, therefore I believe the more of us that own firearms, the harder it will be for them to do it. In the military, I took an oath to support and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

wait, but the media, FBI, and politicians all say we are the enemy as soon as we protest for those rights, and then LE infiltrates all the online groups and prepares to round people up by starting conversations in those groups to gather more intel, so everyone should be careful before they too are labeled as a domestic enemy

Welcome aboard, sir. And thank you for serving our country! I have found that trigger time is not only good for muscle memory, it's also good therapy, regardless of the platform. Certainly works for me.

650911C7-34D5-44D9-8CD4-70266309A865.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads