JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blitzkrieg-You should have your right to carry. I was just saying that as "the cleanest of clean"(as far as my criminal record is concerned, for I am not without guilt) why should I have to worry about my inalienable rights? I'm not suggesting you sell all your guns because you had a tailight out or had a domestic dispute 25 years ago.

And of course you have the Olympic Peninsula. Washington is a beautiful state. That doesn't mean that us border folk can't poke a little fun. Better WA than CA any day. Kip.

No worries bro.. I like sardonic humor

I'm all for OC and CC, but I don't like it when it's someone's hobby to put officers in their place because he's bored on a Friday night or just got a new carry piece. Carry all you want just don't make it some sort of crusade. Vote instead.

Because, in this country, at least at this time, we don't have a GeheimStatsPolizei or Stasi that can demand "Ihre Papier, bitte"...we live in country that requires a probable cause for that kind of action.

The cop in the video did not demand to see the guy's ID...he asked. No law against that.

If I am asked by the police to show some ID....I will go ahead and cooperate and show it to them. The sooner that they are able to determine who I am and that I am legal, the sooner they will quit wasting time talking to me and move on to looking for the bad guys, which is what we both want in the first place.

I am aware of my Constitutional rights. Making a choice to be courteous and cooperative with a police officer does not mean that I am giving up those rights. I have better things to do with my time (and the cop's time which my tax dollars pay for) than to wander around with a video camera hoping to record a confrontation and post it on YouTube.

In the instance case, the individual WAS being cooperative with the policeman. The policeman HAD NO PROBABLE CAUSE for approaching the individual.

It's like John Williams in Seattle with officer Birk. There was no reason for Birk to approach John Williams other than he was being nosy. John Williams was doing nothing illegal, just walking across the street...and now, he's dead.

The police need a reason to approach us and start an interaction. Curiosity doesn't just kill cats, all too often it kills innocent people when it involves the police.

The cop in the video did not demand to see the guy's ID...he asked. No law against that.

If I am asked by the police to show some ID....I will go ahead and cooperate and show it to them. The sooner that they are able to determine who I am and that I am legal, the sooner they will quit wasting time talking to me and move on to looking for the bad guys, which is what we both want in the first place.

I am aware of my Constitutional rights. Making a choice to be courteous and cooperative with a police officer does not mean that I am giving up those rights. I have better things to do with my time (and the cop's time which my tax dollars pay for) than to wander around with a video camera hoping to record a confrontation and post it on YouTube.

My thoughts on this is to explain that you aren't required to give ID unless you have been suspected of a crime,BUT,since you have other things to do you will to expedite the stop.
Also giving the pamphlet ,as this guy did,to educate the LEO.

Then you have served a purpose other than getting more hits on You Tube

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads