JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was $50hr or more per cop wasting away there.
Why in the heck don't they educate the cops and have them bother someone else,doing harm to someone?

Love that 'so what's your first name so we came have a conversation' Tricky bstrd.
Bet that one usually works too.

The LEO was clearly in over his head. The main issue was seizing the guys weapon. After that point, he was just desperately trying to justify his actions. He's probably new to the job. I'm sure the SGT set him straight after the fact. I guarantee you he won't be doing that again.

The guy is like a walking law dictionary though. Impressive stuff. All in all it was a pretty calm encounter. It pays to know your rights backwards and forwards.

My initial feelings were "hell yeah, that guy is the man" but the more I thought about it and how he sounded like he just researched this issue thoroughly and was videotaping the incident, made me think that he probably called the police himself and just wanted his 15 min of fame. If that is the case it kinda makes him a tool.

NO excuse for the responding officer though!

a lot of open carriers are set up to record "on the spot" because of the way open carriers are treated by police officers. Spend some time at OpenCarry and you'll find a lot of threads about which recording device to carry and how to use it.

Do you have any actual evidence for that conclusion? If not what you're doing is called poisoning the well. It's a logical fallacy. Did someone else suggest this idea to you, perhaps in one of the youtube quotes? If so you could trace the 'poisoning' of your well (that being your mind) back to that individual. If it was you that generated that conclusion, I'd ask again if you had any evidence and then ask why you'd make a conclusion about something with no evidence. Just sayin.

My initial feelings were "hell yeah, that guy is the man" but the more I thought about it and how he sounded like he just researched this issue thoroughly and was videotaping the incident, made me think that he probably called the police himself and just wanted his 15 min of fame. If that is the case it kinda makes him a tool.

Do you have any actual evidence for that conclusion? If not what you're doing is called poisoning the well. It's a logical fallacy. Did someone else suggest this idea to you, perhaps in one of the youtube quotes? If so you could trace the 'poisoning' of your well (that being your mind) back to that individual. If it was you that generated that conclusion, I'd ask again if you had any evidence and then ask why you'd make a conclusion about something with no evidence. Just sayin.

HUh? All I know is the dude looked like he just got done rehearsing his speal in front of the mirror and had a video camera rolling for some reason. I OC all the time with no problems whatsoever, and the thought of carrying a VC has never entered my mind. I know my rights quite well but other than Terry vs Ohio, I could not cite any other relevant cases (that guy cited like five). And I didnt even read the comments.

Of all the similar video's on YT, you dont think any are just posing tool's?

But then again maybe I am wrong, but you have to admit that the possibility exists.

^ Bleech. With all the scared sheeple running to and fro it would take just minutes for someone to call the police. No need to call the police on himself. Just a well educated, well spoken, and solid individual.

a lot of open carriers are set up to record "on the spot" because of the way open carriers are treated by police officers. Spend some time at OpenCarry and you'll find a lot of threads about which recording device to carry and how to use it.

Slimer,I usually think this as well,because,aslinged,these guys do exactly what one eyed ross is talking about.
They always seem to be trying to be provocative in the situation. But usually they are being rude to the police.

This guy,it seemed to me was doing it in case he needed the video for legal reasons,for evidence.
Was he was doing it specifically in an area he knew would call 911 on him?
Who knows but him? But maybe he did it for education purposes.

Like I said these things always seem to be for confrontation purposes and not just daily carry problems.

But maybe we do need more guys......LIKE THIS ONE ONLY that are well spoken and can be calm,direct and to the point... and not like the guy in So Cal just trying to bother everyone....to get people to see open carry and make those people aware that it is legal in some places.

I think educating the LEOs on this will be impossible.Such a easy confrontation scenario for them.Exciting and all "I got to disarm someone today kids!"

I have had conversations with a lot of cops in different states and many are un aware that that open carry is legal in their state, but I have to say haven been a reserve officer once, that the guy was expecting a confrontation with police or he would not have had what appeared to be a hidden camera on him.

Not saying LEO's are always right a lot just respond and harass people trying to get them to something stupid to arrest them, so they can feel good about themselves.

Either way I wished the video was sent LEO's around the country and made to watch it so that they are familiar with the law.

To protect and to serve has gone by the wayside

I think it has become "to protect and preserve the paycheck"

If someone is carrying a gun they must be a bad guy right? Oh wait... if someone is carrying a gun and doesn't have a state issued badge and a union to back their shootings up, they must be a bad guy. Yeah, thats it.

I dont know the law completely so yes this is a stupid question but could he sue the police dept for this? Is this done to make lawsuits? After seeing this I really want to learn more about gun laws I dont know enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top