JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like Herman's idea for the Munster mansion. Replacing fire breathing iron for dragon of course.

View attachment 800819

Not as batty as it looks.
bats.jpg

I once read somewhere that an older gentleman would hide his gold/silver in open cans of 1 gallon paint, in zip locks, in his garage. He didnt have a safe, nobody would be suspicious of the weight, and nobody would dump it out to check, smart.

That's really interesting and pretty cool. I wonder why you don't see more of those? Something like that wouldn't be too hard to install if you were building a house from the ground up. It would probably also improve the fire protection if the safe sunk down into the ground.

That's really interesting and pretty cool. I wonder why you don't see more of those? Something like that wouldn't be too hard to install if you were building a house from the ground up. It would probably also improve the fire protection if the safe sunk down into the ground.
Practical concerns...

Depending on how the foundation is built or how the basement is set up... if the safe is stuck behind rebar and concrete walling if just a hole in the ground to descend into... how do you access it? Similar question if the closet portion is stuck in the attic or 2nd floor without access to it..
Liability is a concern too, those with young children know what I'm talking about. Curiousity is what drives them and if they get trapped either above the closet portion or underneath the safe if there's access from basement? I do not want to imagine what could happen:s0001::confused::(

The safety/liability aspects are the same (or very similar) as with any elevator in a building. My grandparents had an elevator in their house, a basement and two stories above that. IIRC the door to the elevator was locked if the elevator was not on that floor. The Safe Lift isn't. I am not sure how this would be addressed - maybe the door to the closet would be locked at all times if the user did not have the key? :s0092:

There are all kinds of questions. I personally like other arrangements - hidden doors/etc. - better. Still, it is a good idea, if imperfect.

Practical concerns...

Depending on how the foundation is built or how the basement is set up... if the safe is stuck behind rebar and concrete walling if just a hole in the ground to descend into... how do you access it? Similar question if the closet portion is stuck in the attic or 2nd floor without access to it..
Liability is a concern too, those with young children know what I'm talking about. Curiousity is what drives them and if they get trapped either above the closet portion or underneath the safe if there's access from basement? I do not want to imagine what could happen:s0001::confused::(
You can build an elevator for $400!
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=EP9lqJ6-I9Y

Looks fine! :D

A booby trapped bait safe is where I go when I think of someone trying to steal my stuff. Something involving pointy sticks and piano wire.

I would only set booby traps in a SHTF scenario. You cannot set traps that kill or maim anyone. I remember some store in Florida was broken into several times and so the owner set an electrocution trap that killed the thief. They arrested the owner but grand jury refused to indict him.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1987-04-02-8701210590-story.html

Completely ridiculous imo. That's a great product for those that can't find anything else to buy to trick out their top of the line Range Rover and have run out of "glamping" gear to buy.

Ya, but to be done right, you would have to follow the Egyptians plan and shoot the carpenter, architect, maybe even the building inspector to keep your secret.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top