JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
She was endorsed by the rabidly anti-gun Eugene Register-Guard.

Her web site makes noises about supporting the 2nd amendment. But the R-G would never endorse a candidate that had any serious pro-gun track record. NEVER.

Another Dorchester RINO trying to woo the conservative Republican base with a big-bucks PR campaign and boiler-plate promises, I think.

I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

She answered a point blank question from Lars Larson regarding additional gun control measures, she replied that she will not vote for more gun control.

She answered a point blank question from Lars Larson regarding additional gun control measures, she replied that she will not vote for more gun control.

Well that's indicative, but hardly definitive.

Lars Larson is rather a right-wing version of Phil Donahue in that candidates from HIS party get treated to a somewhat different Q&A standard than those from the OTHER party.

I suspect Larson simply lobbed a fellow Republican a softball with no followup. I've heard him do it before. Several times.

There is a LOT of wiggle room in such a question. Anti-gun measures are seldom tagged as "gun control" in congress and the press. Instead we hear about "safety" measures or "strengthening law-enforcement" or "officer safety", etc.

I'd like to hear some real facts about Monica Wehby's beliefs and actions like:

Does she own a gun? Guns?

Does she have a concealed carry permit?

Does she carry concealed?

Has she ever hunted?

How does she reconcile her AMA membership with the AMA's anti-gun legislative agenda?

Somehow I suspect Lars "forgot" to ask those questions of her.

Well that's indicative, but hardly definitive.

Lars Larson is rather a right-wing version of Phil Donahue in that candidates from HIS party get treated to a somewhat different Q&A standard than those from the OTHER party.

I suspect Larson simply lobbed a fellow Republican a softball with no followup. I've heard him do it before. Several times.

There is a LOT of wiggle room in such a question. Anti-gun measures are seldom tagged as "gun control" in congress and the press. Instead we hear about "safety" measures or "strengthening law-enforcement" or "officer safety", etc.

I'd like to hear some real facts about Monica Wehby's beliefs and actions like:

Does she own a gun? Guns?

Does she have a concealed carry permit?

Does she carry concealed?

Has she ever hunted?

How does she reconcile her AMA membership with the AMA's anti-gun legislative agenda?

Somehow I suspect Lars "forgot" to ask those questions of her.

I think you need to be careful on what you infer as he did ask her most of these questions.

Did not own a gun so I assume she would not have a CCP and yes she had hunted. I believe she said bird hunting.

I agree with no track record she can say whatever she wants as we know how much we can trust most of them to keep there promises.

Vote for Jason Conger!

SECOND AMENDMENT

Jason has always openly supported the Second Amendment as it is plainly written and intended. He believes, along with the Supreme Court, that the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms applies specifically to individuals - See more at: <broken link removed>

One of her recent fund raisers was a Huge Trap shooting event.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/th...-senatorial-candidate-enjoys-shooting.168014/

She is a Pediatric Nerosurgen . One of only 200 in her specialty in the country I would assume her time is taken up with more important things than hunting or going to the range to shoot.

I have been following her for a couple months now and have no doubt she has no intention of messing with second amendment rights.

There are photos of her shooting out at Douglas Ridge Gun Club on her facebook page.

She might not be the hardcore rightwing person some of you want but Merkley will stomp Conger and she can beat Merkley

I'm somewhat prejudiced because she performed a brain shunt surgery on our little boy a few years back.
A consummate professional!
In my estimation, she has a no-nonsense approach to life and I wouldn't believe her to start getting goofy now, regarding 2nd ammendment rights.

Last Edited:
One of her recent fund raisers was a Huge Trap shooting event.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/th...-senatorial-candidate-enjoys-shooting.168014/

She is a Pediatric Nerosurgen . One of only 200 in her specialty in the country I would assume her time is taken up with more important things than hunting or going to the range to shoot.

I have been following her for a couple months now and have no doubt she has no intention of messing with second amendment rights.

There are photos of her shooting out at Douglas Ridge Gun Club on her facebook page.

She might not be the hardcore rightwing person some of you want but Merkley will stomp Conger and she can beat Merkley

I was at the Portland Gun Club a couple of weeks ago shooting trap with her. She's good at it, and not a poser, like most politicians. I have ZERO doubt about her 2nd Amendment support. She can beat Merkley according to the polls. Conger can't.

166hg1u.jpg

So instead of going with her because you don't trust her 2nd Amendment stance you will go with a guy that voted for Obamacare in Oregon, CRC, and the Subsidized Expo Center Hotel? ...I'd rather take her word for it but, that's just me. If we elect people like Conger 1) he will never beat Merkley, 2) even if a miracle happened and he did beat merkley (talking like, a flood in the Portland and Eugene areas that wipes out the populous) his voting record is so horrible on economic stuff that we won't be able to afford guns anyway.

Is it possible to vote for . . None of the above??

Sheldon
Sure. Because you know, the status quo is just fantastic. [/sarc]

Somebody is going to get elected. Might as well be someone who is closer to your views than what we have now.

Unless of course you believe merkley is that person.
I certainly don't.

Jamie
You are right of course . . . But in my view ALL politicians are either corrupt when they take office or will soon become corrupt . . . It doesn't take long before any of them are no longer to be trusted!!!

Sheldon

I tend to agree with you Strand.
But occasionally, one does stand by his/her convictions. Tom Coburn comes to mind. He believes in term limits and is living up to his promise, and is also (coincidentally?) a doctor.

I for one will always hope for the day when we can return to representation by people devoted to duty, and not out to expand their financial portfolios.
Yeah, I know,.... Dreamer. :-(

I'm a registered Libertarian, but if I were still a member of the GOP, I would be inclined to vote for her, just because she appears to have a better chance of beating Merkely. I'll take a moderate Republican over a left-wing liberal Democrat anyday. Especially if she has gone on record as not supporting more gun control laws. It would be nice to have a candidate with genuine 2A passion who is electable, but I'll take what I can get.....I know, that doesn't sound like a Libertarian! :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top