JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How freaked out some people are about the "man" knowing what weapons you own, or if you own an assault rifle or whatever. Yet, I strangely noticed that most of the people that are so nervous about all this, are also the people that have posted pics of their weapons(and some faces) on the show your weapons thread and shooting pics thread. Now, do you people not think the "man" has the ability to know who you are (potentially of course) by tracing your i.p. and other easy various ways? I just had to giggle about that, sorry :)

Its comical the level of paranoia of some... Now Im all for being catious... and its a thin line, but when you jump as far over the line as you can, publicly its great for laughs...

What cracks me up is that people think that the "'Man" has the time to bother with you UNLESS you been a bad person.

Personally I'm much more worried about the people here knowing what I have then the governments computers.

But hey who am I judge anothers hobbies.

Near as I can tell since 1968 the only thing that has actually been taken away from me is the ability to order a firearm through the mail. I lost the ability to do that with a full auto in 1934 so I have never missed that.

I would much rather they didn't know where to send the tax bill then them knowing what I hunt deer with.

I'm not too worried about it either. But then I don't have a huge collection of high speed low drag weapons, just some antiques and a few "reach out and touch you at 1000yds" toys.

Why is it that as soon as I started to read this thread, I hear and see black Helicopters flying overhead, and 4 black SUV's outside the house....
The "MAN" must be watching this thread.... or is it "They" They are watching. They know who is online. "THEY" know everything.....

yes, i'm wearing my tinfoil hat, socks, and underwear..... LOL

Stay Safe.

What cracks me up is that people think that the "'Man" has the time to bother with you UNLESS you been a bad person.

Personally I'm much more worried about the people here knowing what I have then the governments computers.

Near as I can tell since 1968 the only thing that has actually been taken away from me is the ability to order a firearm through the mail. I lost the ability to do that with a full auto in 1934 so I have never missed that.

I would much rather they didn't know where to send the tax bill then them knowing what I hunt deer with.

I have to say I agree.

I'm not in the least bit worried about discussing weapons and mentioning a few that I own. Will never cower in fear of anything mortal, especially the kind in two piece suits and two legs. I do almost completely distrust the federal government, however, with good cause

You need to educate yourself about the 1934 and 1968 Gun Control Acts. You did not lose your ability to own a full auto in either one of them, (Lots of members of this forum have full autos in OR) but you did lose a lot of liberty due to both Acts. As bad was the bill that Ronald Reagan signed which banned new import or manufacture of full autos for sale to civilians

You could not have hit the nail on the head any better!

There are some people who are so disconnected from society that they make up the 'MAN' or 'THEY' stories to feel connected to something. Also they have huge inadequacies in there own lives that in order to feel important, 'somebody' is watching there every move. Next time you talk to someone like that, ask them how there relationships with parents, loved ones, family, friends, co-workers etc... are doing. Ask them if they are satisfied with there job/career, finances, the car they drive.... you will find a pattern in there comments. It is always somebody else's fault and they never take accountability for there own actions.

SF-

Why is it that as soon as I started to read this thread, I hear and see black Helicopters flying overhead, and 4 black SUV's outside the house....
The "MAN" must be watching this thread.... or is it "They" They are watching. They know who is online. "THEY" know everything.....

yes, i'm wearing my tinfoil hat, socks, and underwear..... LOL

Stay Safe.

Reminds me of goodfellows!

You need to educate yourself about the 1934 and 1968 Gun Control Acts. You did not lose your ability to own a full auto in either one of them, (Lots of members of this forum have full autos in OR) but you did lose a lot of liberty due to both Acts. As bad was the bill that Ronald Reagan signed which banned new import or manufacture of full autos for sale to civilians

And you might want to read what I wrote.

I said that in 1968 I lost the ability to buy a firearm through the mail.

I then added that I lost that ability with full auto in 1934.

I said absolutely nothing about the ability to OWN a full auto. Only about buying one through the mail.

I think it's funny...

Funny how? funny ha, ha?

goodfellas-movie-facts.jpg

And you might want to read what I wrote.

I said that in 1968 I lost the ability to buy a firearm through the mail.

I then added that I lost that ability with full auto in 1934.

I said absolutely nothing about the ability to OWN a full auto. Only about buying one through the mail.

OK, noted.. perhaps I misread your post. There are many more aspects of those two laws in particular that go beyond what we are discussing, however. A few have been corrected in the interrim, many have not

I do miss the freedom to buy guns without being tracked. We need scumbag control, not gun registration

I'm afraid of my government and I'm not ashamed by that fact. Too many Harold Fish's, Ruby Ridge, Waco's and other incidents for me to live blindly optimistic that my rights will protect me. I don't live in fear of black helicopters or SWAT but I've had enough run-ins with local and state government to know that my rights are tenuous at best.

The second you think "it couldn't happen here, right?" is the moment you will find yourself under the microscope of government. I don't think the separation between the people and the state has ever been wider. You can be stopped for no real reason. You can be searched. Your children can be taken away on mere suspicion. Property can be seized in the name of the greater good. You are marked, databased, fined, fee'ed, registered and permitted by the time you are 18!

In fact, if it weren't for the people who refuse to profiled, counted or otherwise f'ed with I shudder to think where we would be right now!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top