JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just purchased a 24/7 compact for my carry gun. It has a great finish, lots of features, was cheaper than comparable guns, and fit my large hands better than anything else in its category. It is as accurate as my buddies xd subcompact. And reliable with factory loads. I bought some cheap reloads at the gun show and have had some that i had to hit more than once. which is another great feature of the 24/7. You just pull the trigger again and it hits the round again. You don't have to manually recock the gun to drop the firing pin again. Which with these crappy reloads i've had to do a few times. Overall i'm very happy. My only complaint being lack of holster selection for the Taurus guns.

I agree, you do need a new 709! I've had mine for about a month and have put over 300rds through it with no gun related problems. It's very easy to carry, and not too bad too shoot either. I carry IWB with an Ace Case. I've also heard that you can use holsters made for one of the Walther p23x series guns, but I don't remember the exact one.

Ive had 3 taurus Autos.. PT140, PT111 and my current pt145.. I dont get why people talk smack about them.. Honest to God I shot hundreds if not thousands of rounds (factory loads) through each of these combined.. NEVER had an issue, the feed ramp on both my 140 and 145 would load a Semi truck, its huge. Ive always have kept my weapons very clean and alot of trash talk I here about taurus autos could simply be marked up to failure to maintain. I thought for a long time that my PT140 shot low and to the right, then I found out it was me, once one learns to shoot then thats another story... So my 2 pennies is this, you cant beat them for the money.. Keep it clean and take care of it and you wont have to worry about warranty issues..

I thought I'd bump this older thread to the top to see what experiences new owners of the Taurus 709 Slim 9mm had. I think it is at the top of my buy list, but I still want more owner reports. I'd be grateful for input!............................elsullo

I had the opposite opinion of 4dogs. Mine has been excellent since I bought it last fall. I have 425 rounds through it with 0 failures. It carries well, has a great trigger, and I can shoot it faster (accurately) than my USP. Like 4dogs though, I'm also trying to sell mine since I don't carry enough to justify owning it.

I have an FFL and have sold several 709s (9MM)and 738s (380). Both are good quality firearms at a reasonable price. The 738 is actually made in Miami. I believe it is better than the Ruger LCP. The Taurus 738 comes with a SS slide, two magazines, and the slide locks open after the last shot. The Ruger LCP has none of these features. The 709 is a very concealable 9MM for a reasonable price. I would recommend it for a person who may be on a budget and wants a reliable CC for under $400.

I have a buddy who just purchased one (709) and he is very pleased. Says it shot great right out of the box, easy to handle, easy conceal, recoil was very managable, no malfuctions to date. I got to hold it for a while and was impressed with the feel. Profile and controls are slim, as advertised I suppose. Big one for me, contains a thumb operated safety in addition to a trigger safety, some of the smaller pistol options don't contain that. He got his for around $380 at a show. One downside that he discovered, mags are not the easist to get a hold of. Other than that...:s0155:

I recently Purchased one from ETViking and would agree with him on all counts, Very concealable, adjustable sights, shoots nice a great price. I keep mine in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster in the door of my truck, Easy to get to and and completely out of view.

Only have 100 rounds threw mine as of yet but no issues.

I have a buddy who just purchased one (709) and he is very pleased. Says it shot great right out of the box, easy to handle, easy conceal, recoil was very managable, no malfuctions to date. I got to hold it for a while and was impressed with the feel. Profile and controls are slim, as advertised I suppose. Big one for me, contains a thumb operated safety in addition to a trigger safety, some of the smaller pistol options don't contain that. He got his for around $380 at a show. One downside that he discovered, mags are not the easist to get a hold of. Other than that...:s0155:

I last shot my 709 last weekend, three mags, three jams (FTE), again. Seems like the outgoing round was wedged against the round in the magazine. I took it back to where I purchased it, they shot some rounds though it with the same result and have sent it back for repair. Hope for the best...

I last shot my 709 last weekend, three mags, three jams (FTE), again. Seems like the outgoing round was wedged against the round in the magazine. I took it back to where I purchased it, they shot some rounds though it with the same result and have sent it back for repair. Hope for the best...
I understand that Taurus has a great repair policy so I hope that works out for you.

As for the front pocket, probably. You're most likely not going to be carrying your cell phone or keys in the pocket with it and the pants you wear will affect how much it prints. My friend does a pocket holster in cargo pockets and doesn't notice it at all.

I understand that Taurus has a great repair policy so I hope that works out for you.

Possibly the best outcome was the response of the dealer I bought the pistol from. It took the Taurus back to them, talked with the young lady who handled the transaction. No quibbles, no questions. She took it, had her hubby test fire it and when it malfunctioned, shipped it, all on their dime. I suppose that's how it should be in a perfect world. In my opinion, the folks at Albany Guns, Coins, etc, know the fine art of customer service!

I am also hoping that the 709 will come back and work flawlessly as I like the size of the pistol.

400 rounds down range so far. I had two FTE's (with WWB) in the first 30 or so rounds. Been nothing but smooth since. I've used WWB and Magtech and Rem +P's. If you can find the extended mag's for it pick them up because it would be nice to have something for the lonely pinkie finger. Other then that, awesome EDC.

I just purchased a 24/7 compact for my carry gun. It has a great finish, lots of features, was cheaper than comparable guns, and fit my large hands better than anything else in its category. It is as accurate as my buddies xd subcompact. And reliable with factory loads. I bought some cheap reloads at the gun show and have had some that i had to hit more than once. which is another great feature of the 24/7. You just pull the trigger again and it hits the round again. You don't have to manually recock the gun to drop the firing pin again. Which with these crappy reloads i've had to do a few times. Overall i'm very happy. My only complaint being lack of holster selection for the Taurus guns.

taurus has some exellent guns and there priced right!!!

I also just purchased one about a month ago and just bubblegum it for the first time today... only 50 rounds but no jams or anything.. I didn't like the grip on it so i went and bought a hogue rubber sleeve for it and it feels amazing now.. great lil gun in my opinion

I have had mine for almost 8 months now. Shoots like a dream. Never had any problems with it. But alas, I change guns like most people change their socks. So I'm looking to sell mine. Its in excellent shape. Stainless, 3 magazines, case, all factory paperwork, both keys, cleaning brush and a really nice Fobus belt holster.

No direct experience with the 709, but I have owned a PT92, and it was a great gun. Sold it to help fun the purchase of a HUGE Taurus .44 mag. That got ripped off, and I am currently in the process of trying to reclaim it from the Tukwila police. Both were nice for the cost, Taurus does have a lifetime warranty, so you can get any needed work done on their dime. I have never had to use this, and have heard that it can be a little time consuming based off your location (I think they go to FL). I have always been pleased with Taurus guns, and you tend to get pretty good bang for the buck with them. I might be in the market for a revolver, or the 709 in the near future... but with sooo many product offerings, it will take some looking over before I do make another purchase (money is tight, but might be able to afford something in the next few months). In general, the price is usually right with Taurus.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top