Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I think I may hold a record.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Newbie941, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Newbie941

Newbie941 Seattle Member

Got my Cpl inside 15 minutes yesterday. Walked in and talked to the clerk at my local pd. She wanted to check my adress to make sure I was in their jurisdiction, she came back and said "you've come to the right place" and gave me my forms. Filled them out in 5 minutes and returned them. "we're still printing till 4 so let me get this back there for you" it was already 3 but liked like a pretty uneventful afternoon there. Then a very friendly officer poked her head out and said "get back here, we've got a bad guy coming in and I don't think it would be fair for you to have to wait on a bad guy, plus once I get you on the finger print machine, he'll just have to wait because we'll already be using it". She was very nice and chatted me up while doing my digital finger prints (I've never used one of these machines before, it was pretty cool. As she was talking to me she was telling me about some classes she had taken that were for women only and really enjoyed them, they had helped her select her weapon and gone over the basics and how it was crazy that no one had to prove that they already knew how to handle a firearm to get a permit. "I've already got an NRA basic pistol marksmanship certificate as it was required to send in with your application, and your finger print card in florida". Took almost 8 months to get my ccw there though, they only issue from one office for the whole state and I kept having these back and forth correspondences with them after the 4 month wait for them to even look at it." I was born in Germany and my father was serving in the military so they were trying to question my citizenship ( I had this problem getting a DL in florida too and got pretty poised when the lady that could barely speak english turned me down for not having the proper birth certificate. Mine read "report of birth abroad of a united states citizen" so I can see confusing that must have ben for her. Maybe if she could read english it would have helped, but mine was from 1975 and didn't look like the birth certificates that the 15 year olds were bringing in for their permits. My wife had to pull me out of line when I started to lose my temper, "so youre telling me because my father, a vietnam veteran, had a son overseas, on American soil, my citizenship is in question!? My wife yanked me when my vocabulary was starting to get a little peppered with swear words- **** and damn are usually the precursors to less friendly words. I had to get my birth certificate re issued so it looks more like the one on the picture by her desk, but reads the same-Certificate of report of birth abroad of a united states citizen.) So 4 months later I get a letter from the florida department of agriculture and licensing (the permit issuers for the state of florida?) And they need proof that I'm an American citizen. Send them back a notarized copy and wait a couple months. Finaly get another letter from them, this time they suspend my application until I can clear up a legal issue- a misdemeanor possession of marijuana that I was accused of in 2003-but never convicted. The night in question a friend of mine got pulled over for running a stop sign (actualy there was supposed to be a stop sign but it had been removed after someone wrapped their care around it) in northern virginia. I was just there visiting sooner old friends from high school and had 6 months sober at that point so I was pretty mad when the cop decided that the gram of weed in the car (not my car and I was not driving it) as the officer had already found a joint in my friends pocket, he decided to make it a 'bogo' and assigned me the gram off the floor under the drivers seat. "Well your buddy already has a joint so this must be yours". I clammed up, skipped the court appointed lawyer and put a $1000 retainer on a real lawyer. Before trial he went and talked to the prosecution and came back with a "deal". I told him I didn't get all dressed up and spend $1000 to make a deal. I told him I wanted to go to trial and I was pleading not guilty as it was not mine, was not on my person, was not in my vehicle and didn't believe they had a reason to search us anyway. I wanted to fight and was very adamant about the fact. My lawyer went back to the prosecution and they suddenly lost interest in prosecuting me. They offered me a no prolesqui (no process) and a promise to not try bringing these charges back up, provided I "stayed out of trouble". I took the deal pre trial and believed it was as good as a dismissal. But it still pops up on a background check as no process. I also got my car ripped apart and searched by a k9 unit a week later for having a headlight out. The officer explained to me he didn't need a warrant as his dog smelled drugs in my car. So after cuffing me and sitting me on the curb and calling in backup, one cop stood over me with a maglight in my face asking "why I appeared so agitated" the other cops tossed my ride searched it with a k9 unit and sent me on my way, agitated and with a ticket for having a light out. So after fixing the carpet in my fathers car I got the **** out of small town virginia. Sorry for the long story. So I had to contact the court and get a notorized choir of the courts final disposition which was a no process and far past the statute of limitations. I mailed that to the florida department of agriculture and they re instated my investigation and 8 months later I had my ccw. Last night the friendly Des Moines pd processed my prints and sent me on my way with a brand new Washington Cpl. 15 minutes flat. I think I have both records-the fastest ever cpl and the longest ever ccw. Glad to be back in Washington!

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

tl;dr

3. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

WOW, You got your license quicker than I could read your story. Glad it worked better for you in WA.
    Mike

4. Newbie941

Newbie941 Seattle Member

Yeah, sorry for the novel, just in the past I had to go through so much bs to get my ccw that I almost gave up. So it was quite refreshing to get my cpl so fast and with no hassle at all. Every time I leave the northwest I end up missing it and moving back. I've lived here over 12 years now and it's home now. I moved around my while life and and never settled down anywhere until I moved here. Also I would have to say my encounters with law enforcement out here have all been pretty smooth and straight up. In small town Virginia if you are young the cops goal is to search you regardless as to why they pulled you over. I'd say at least half my traffic stops there have resulted in a search. And all those searches resulted in nada. Glad to be home.

5. Good on that department for getting the job done right.

Little word of advise, punctuation and paragraphs are your friend.

aarond and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

+1

7. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

You're one to talk. Let me advise you on the proper way to spell advice!:pound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbAx9pZU7k

SargentMac and (deleted member) like this.
  8. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Welcome home.

9. Newbie941

Newbie941 Seattle Member

Thanks, I do most my forumin' on my phone using swype. Its alot faster than typing and if you're not paying attention sometimes it will just throw some crazy unintentional word right in the middle of a sentence. It's not always find of punctuation either unless you try swyping the same word several times,?;"!!
    That, ....stinks'.?, sometimes!
    But I know it's a pain to read sometimes. Plus I usually get sidetracked and everything becomes one giant sentence.

10. Newbie941

Newbie941 Seattle Member

Dang it! Fond of punctuation, fond of punctuation! Not find.

11. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Congrats - and I thought my turnaround was quick at 2 days - mailed out the day after running prints.

I am still amazed at the difficulty some agencies have reading rap sheets. In most cases a charge that was "deferred" or "dismissed pending completion of a condition" (such as no additional charges in the prosecuting county for a year) the charge usually shows the disposition as DFOJ - Dismissed for the Furtherance Of Justice. Unfortunately some states / counties still insist on using their own terminology for whatever reason and it can lead to delays but they shouldn't take more than a few business days to clarify at most.