JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is an old gun that I bought from a guy who dug it out from the bank of a river in central Arkansas. When I got it it was badly pitted and in all around bad shape. I have brought her back but the only things you can read on the barrel is the word firearms and 30-30 win also the serial number is 25xxxxxx. Any help finding the model of this rifle would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to upload pics but it kept failing and no there is not a bullseye. I had the serial number ran and it is not stolen but that's all I know other than it still shoots straight. I thought there was a way to run the serial number to find the make and model.

I tried to upload pics but it kept failing and no there is not a bullseye. I had the serial number ran and it is not stolen but that's all I know other than it still shoots straight. I thought there was a way to run the serial number to find the make and model.

Yep! Marlin 336

IMG_20131201_101915372_zpsa94fd8d5.jpg

Also the barrel was badly rusted when I got it. The trade marks were already gone. I have a friend who put that coating on it for me its not paint but closer to powder coat I think. He need blasted it to get the rust off and said he never could see anything there.

Certianly a Marlin 336 model, however lack of 'bullseye' on the stock or pistol grip cap makes suggests one of the store brands Marlin manufactured for (i.e. Western Field). This may also explain the lack of trade marks.
On the lever boss (the little piece of metal the lever bolts to) there should be a circle with a letter in it. you can use that to find out year of manufacture.

-JP

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads