JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 4 months ago I bought my first 1911, a RIA 1911 officer. I absolutely love it! Accurate, reliable easy to maintain and so much to play with! I have already upgraded the trigger to a wilson, took off the original grips in favor of a Hogue and next will be the sights and possibly a hard chrome dip.:D Well, I found that I enjoy shooting it so much that my DAO Kahr became a safe queen so I decided to sale it and get another 1911.I used it as a down payment on a Kimber custom II, and I can't wait to get it, but I am still drooling over the American Classic and for the price it may become a part of the Harem soon as well. Do I have a problem? I told myself I could stop, but now I think I am in too deep...any words of wisdom...Hello, My name is Sandman and I am a 1911-0-holic

I understand your addiction but if you already have a RIA, don't buy an American Classic, save a little more and get an STI or a Dan Wesson or a Springfield or a Kimber or a Colt or a Smith & Wesson or a SIG or a......... The Filipino brands are great but you only need 1 starter 1911.

I understand your addiction but if you already have a RIA, don't buy an American Classic, save a little more and get an STI or a Dan Wesson or a Springfield or a Kimber or a Colt or a Smith & Wesson or a SIG or a......... The Filipino brands are great but you only need 1 starter 1911.
you mean as a 3rd 1911, Right, my 2nd will be a Kimber:s0155: I want to see for myself if all the hype is true about thier quality and accuracy. I am keeping sub 3" groups with my RIA Officer at 25 yards.

you mean as a 3rd 1911, Right, my 2nd will be a Kimber:s0155: I want to see for myself if all the hype is true about thier quality and accuracy. I am keeping sub 3" groups with my RIA Officer at 25 yards.

If your going to have a collection of 1911's...you should also think of adding a Colt to the stable:) I have nothing against Kimbers ( I carry one, one on the way and have traded off two Pro Carry models)

Ditch the Houge grips for something like VZ grips... I did and would never go back to those rubber finger groove grips again, just my opinon:s0112:

If your going to have a collection of 1911's...you should also think of adding a Colt to the stable:) I have nothing against Kimbers ( I carry one, one on the way and have traded off two Pro Carry models)

Ditch the Houge grips for something like VZ grips... I did and would never go back to those rubber finger groove grips again, just my opinon:s0112:

OH, yes a colt is a must for any 1911 enthusiast:s0155: all in good time:winkkiss:

LOL, how well I know the feeling ..... how many do you need? I am down to my last 19 of them ... LOL (And trying to cut a deal for another) .... :D

(Clarification - Only 9 of them are Colts, then there are the Detonics, Kimbers, Springers, Llamas, a Randall and even a few Laser Aims .... ) ... ;)

LOL, how well I know the feeling ..... how many do you need? I am down to my last 19 of them ... LOL (And trying to cut a deal for another) .... :D

(Calrification - Only 9 of them are Colts, then there are the Detonics, Kimbers, Springers and even Laser Aims .... ) ... ;)

In your opinion, which is the most accurate and reliable?

I still prefer my Colt Commander (Series 70) and custom worked with three barrels ( I have the compensated barrel installed in this pix) ..... :)

More to come as I find the pix .... :)

I had five of them once and I'm down to two. I think I'll declare an emergency and restock. I had to sell my two Springers and my Taurus, keeping my Citadel CIT45CSP. And then I picked up a Remington R1 last week.

My favorite out of those five 'modest' 1911s? The Citadel. I shot about 300 rounds through it today with just one extraction failure. And st $500, it was the least expensive. But I did put $50 cocobolo Colt grips on it... :)

But I would really like a Kimber 3" or 4". If anyone has one and would like to trade for a quality FAL. please PM me.. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top