JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, Got me started, here is another oldie, a circa 1913 Springfield Armory(the original one). Does have a nice "idiot scratch" but she is 98 years old, gotta expect a few wrinkles.

DSC08158.jpg
DSC08156.jpg
DSC08159.jpg

I started at the front and saw a LOT of real nice pistols, but I didn't see one 1911??
A lot of 1911-a1 and other clones..
So I thought I'd post a picture of a 1911.. May not have all the whiz-bang, new-fangled goodies on it, but its mine, and I like it just the way it is.
DSC07253.jpg
DSC07257.jpg
DSC07255.jpg

A great looking 1918 there ..... :)

I had the 1911 addiction for a while. I had about nine of them at one time, but now I'm down to four. The ones I currently have are a Colt MK IV Series 80, Kimber Pro Carry SLE, Dan Wesson Pointeman 9mm, and Dan Wesson 10mm Razorback #11 of 150. But you never get over the addiction. Every time I go in a Gun store I have to check 1911 they have for sale.

Dan Wesson Pointeman 9mm
MVC-304F.jpg

Dan Wesson 10mm Razorback #11 of 150
MVC-401F.jpg

Thought it was about time we brought this back to the top. There's a few pictures on the dream 1911 thread that need to join this post.

Here's a new one I added recently. It's an STI tactical doublestack with a Caspian slide and Bar-Sto barrel.
A work of art.

Uggghhh. Here's a repost of my Armand Swenson pre 70 Gold Cup to get that nasty Glock taste out of my mouth.

RtSide-1.jpg

Now I feel pretty old, I remember when that was a top of the line Gov't model. She sure is a nice looking in satin nickel & those grips are pretty cool. I had a pre-series 70 (mid 60's) Colt Gov't model that (Jim) Clark converted into a pin gun. In a moment of weakness, I let go to a buddy in the Navy back in the late 80's.......doh!

I'll trade you my fine combat tupperware G21 for that old beat up pistol...............lol.

I think I'll keep the old girl. AFAIK, Swenson built this one as a carry gun. I shows some carry wear, especially on the old Pachmayrs. It's not a full house Swenson - no square trigger guard or barrel positioner and he didn't sign it on on the outside (he did put his maker's mark on the disconnector rail). But, if you know what you're looking at, it undoubtedly came out of Swenson's shop. The first clue is the hard chrome finish. If it was up to me, all 1911's would be hard chrome. Fantastic durability and I love the look. I probably get buried with this one.

Man, tough loss on the Clark. Jim Clark knew how to build shooters. I just sent a S&W Mod 41 to Clark's for a conversion. They sent the gun back with a 50 yd test target with 10 shots inside 3/4". That sucker is definitely a "no excuses" gun.

I'll share...

The rollmark is kind of faint- it's an original Colt series 80 Combat Elite. This was an uncle's (CHP Officer) spare duty gun in the 80's, who sold it to my father-in-law, who put some rounds through it around 1990 and that's it. It sat in a soft case in his closet for 18 years completely caked in carbon deposits and fouling. 2 cans of gun scrubber and hours upon hours of cleaning and it's back to its original glory. Not a safe queen by any means but it's a great shooter.

Hello all,

This is my first thread in this forum, and I came by this thread.
I've think I've got the 1911's bug, don't know how it stared but it's killing my bank account. My wife thinks I'm nuts to spend lots of money to buy steel, but I told her I feel the same way about her buying all the leather (purse), and rock for the fingers. I started out with Springfield Loaded Black Stainless Target, then got another Kimber Customs II a week after. I'm eying the Nighthawk Customs GRP Recon but Tax man and 55" LED TV got to me first. I'm proud to say that I am a 1911's-soon to be-holic, but I'm not looking for any cure.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_03631.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show