Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I struck gold !!!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Silver02ex, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Silver02ex

Silver02ex Hillsboro, OR Member

My Postman was kind enough to back up to my front door and delivered this package to me. 4,000 Montana Gold CMJ 9MM. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend.

98981716.jpg

2. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Heavy.

How much did that cost you?

3. Silver02ex

$313 with shipping included. It comes out to $78.25/1000 which I think is very good deal, since that's what I get Berry's for about the same price when it's on sale at Cabela's, plus MG are not plated like Berry's.

4. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

I love Montana Gold bullets. I've gone through about two cases per year in both 9mm and .223 bullets. My "Mail Person" drops by the house when she starts delivering in the neighborhood to get rid of the cases before she has to go to the central mail box.

I gave up on plated bullets long ago when I got some Rainier's that "wrinkled" when seating them. MG's are great for weight consistency and the 55gr, .223 bullets shoot every bit as good as the Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT's which are supposed to be the most accurate of the '55 grainers'.

Yes Sir, you did strike gold. Now the question is how soon before your next delivery?

5. Silver02ex

I tested about 150 of these yesterday afternoon, and I'm in love with them. while reloading them I felt like they are much stronger than the plated bullets. I didn't feel like I was "crushing them, while they were seated. First shot, hit the middle of a Honeydew that we never got to eat. Looks like I'll be ordering some for my wife's 380 Auto.

6. FelidaHouse

FelidaHouse Vancouver, WA New Member

+1 on Montana Gold. I only ordered up a 1,000 of 9mm 124 gr CMJ and found it amazing how quickly that goes. Ordering full cases like you did is the way to go.

Happy reloading!

7. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Shhhh keep the gold a secret! 9mm and 40s&w JHP's have worked great for me