JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello folks long time no post here. I'm Ron, Randy's (Pinkhamr) friend. Man it's been over a year since he passed away. I sure miss him but I've been helping Linda his widow with the selling of some of the guns she didn't feel the need to keep. I really miss our shooting the 50 BMGs together. I'm now carrying Randy's 10mm Delta Elite. Linda sold it to a guy I know and she listed it as a Foster Lower with a Colt Delta Elite upper custom handgun. The guy that purchased it decided after about 3 weeks he wanted his money back for it. I told him that wow it was not cool to pull that and Linda was not a dealer and she was straight up front about the gun from the start. I ended up telling him that I would purchase it from him rather than have her have to get it back and give him his money back. Well I ended up trading my 300 Blackout for it and I'm tickled with it. It's my daily carry gun now and it shoots perfectly.

10mm_with_Crimson_Trace_1.jpg

jpg images

Now on to my main reason for posting:

A couple of years ago I purchased a FNAR .308 with the 20" heavy barrel. While It was okay the trigger was not something that made me very happy and I couldn't find a way to make it like I wanted. I never seemed to be able to get it group consistently below 1" to 1.5"as opposed to my Armalite AR-10T that gives me consistent .5 MOA groups with 168 grain A-Max bullets. So Tuesday the 28th of April I walked into the Yellow Rose a local range and gun shop run by a friend of mine and he had a Windham .308 Hunter with the wooden laminate nutmeg stock in the rack. There was something about it that turned me on and Wednesday I dropped off my FNAR to see if I could get any nibbles on it so I could make room for the Windham rifle. Well 3 hours later I got a call and it sold for what I had asked. I expected it to set on his shelf for two or three weeks so I was pretty tickled. On Thursday I had some time so I wandered down to the shop to make the deal the rifle. I've been working most of the evening on it getting it like I want it. I tried to get the trigger down to a reasonable weight the way I usually do by running a ¼"X28 tap up in the grip mounting hole and putting a 1/4 " allen set screw to reduce the length of pull on the trigger however by doing that and putting lighter springs I still couldn't bring the trigger pull down below 6 lbs. So in the long run I ended up putting a 1.5 lb Jard trigger in it and mounted a Burris XTR 3-12X50 Extreme Tactical scope on it that I originally had on the FN. So far I've not had the time to work up any loads for it but my Armalite AR10T load of 168 gr Hornady A-Max in a Federal case, CCI Magnum primer and Varget powder has given me 5/8 center to center group so far. I'm pretty pleased for it to perform this well without me tweaking the load so far and it only having an 18" barrel. fired it some more this weekend with my son in law and son along with my wife, daughter and grandson I was very surprised at the 300 yard accuracy. My son in law has a 24" Browning .308 built with a Winchester action and a Hoag overmolded stock. The Windham out shot it and grouped at what looked like about a 2" group. I didn't have the Rhino as we were all in the son in laws truck. However I'm as pleased as I can be. I was not even shooting from a bench but shooting out of a deer hunting hut window. Even my 13 year old son put three bullets touching at the 300 yard gong then a couple of flyers opened up the group but he called them. He however is not getting my Windham for a long time. While I really like my Armalite AR-10 the guys a Windham are putting some real quality into their rifles.

I do believe this rifle is going to be my new deer rifle and hog hammer.

Windham_Hunter_w_Burris_3_12x50_scope.jpg

upload image online

ll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Ron,

First off good to hear from you! And congrats on the Delta it looks like a nice carry. Would love to have a gun from Randys collection myself but..... Also on a side note the opener is still going strong :D

Anyway that rifle looks sweet and hope you get many years out of it and enjoy the heck out of it!

Yep I'm very proud of that 10mm and it goes everywhere I go as long as it's legal. If it's not legal I try to avoid going there. It functions perfectly. It's not as pretty as Randy had it because I replaced the beautiful grips with Crimson Trace laser grips. I never thought I'd switch back to a full size 1911 after carrying a Kimber Ultra Carry II for several years but I love this 10mm along with the memories. Glad to hear the bottle openers is holding up for you. So far I've not had a single customer complain about problems out of 1148 sold. Now the market is pretty saturated with 50 BMG bottle openers that don't really have any real hand work involved. They just make two cuts with a saw and sell them. I cut mine out by hand and than polished them enough to make me proud of my work. Such is life. It was Randy and this site that got me started making them. Take care my friend.

Ron

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads