JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't get any ideas now.
But work, lifestyle, sweat, too many things in my pockets, make concealment next to impossible. I don't know how you guys do it.

I hear ya! I've tried so many holsters, guns, clothes.
I think it's more mental than anything. You think people can see it or it's uncomfortable and thus visable.

I have a friend that carries full size handguns and it amazes me.

I think it helps to find the smallest gun you can comfortably carry. I'm looking for a new S&W shield in 9mm. They seem like a great size. I was going to buy a G26 but they're still really wide.

Being an old man I guess I no longer have the desire to wear the snug fitting jeans, shorts or shirts. I could easily fit into 32 waist but choose 33 or 34 and always get large size shirts. A real gun belt is a must along with a good IWB holster. Do I print? Sure do at times but so far nobody has screamed yet. My philosophy is learn to carry large then going small is a piece of cake. G21, 22 or 17 depending on the mood. Funny whenever I see my Mom she always hugs me around the waist. She has grown used to me having a full size Glock tumor.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

You mention sweat. I started out with a horsehide holster and ended up switching to all Kydex because of sweat. This time of year I sweat so much the horsehide had no chance of drying out. Knew something was wrong when the Glock was getting rust on the frame pins and slide. Since switching to Kydex the sweat pours right down and I can wipe everything dry. Nothing stays absorbed in moisture.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

CC is part of a life style, already been expressed but over size your pants or shorts to CC IWB and an untucked shirt works great. After that it just takes time to get use to having that extra weight on your hip but in time comes to be a normal feel just like your wallet/cell phone or car keys.

Instead of finding a holster or a way to carry your existing pistol, you may consider finding something that's easier to CC to begin with. I recently got a Walther PPK for CC. A little simple leather appendix IWB works great, even on a guy who is just skin and bone. Find a subcompact that's less than 1" in width. good luck

I don't want to steal your thread, just wanting ideas. I am a carpenter, I wear tool bags daily so something on the waist won't work. Also because of the hat right now I wear shorts. I wanted to do an ankle rig, but in shorts that doesn't work. Any ideas.

I noticed lately that it will be better in the future to purchase jeans with a zipper vs buttons. With a zipper it is fairly uneventful to let Shamu do his thing at the urinal.

But buttons usual mean unbuckling my belt and buttons and the tension on any sizeable handgun at my six falls apart. I'm like an old lady fighting a failing girdle.

All I can carry 90% of the time is an LCP in the summer. In the winter, I don't know yet; haven't been carrying long enough.

lol Burt,

Come on bud, it ain't that hard. You leave the top button fastened with your belt and just open the rest to the bottom like a zipper (unless you're wearing some kind of boss-daddy belt buckle that covers half your junk anyway). I've been wearing 501s for years with the button fly, I never take the top apart.

Disco,
My first thought is some kind of extra bag on your tool belt and has already been mentioned. Also can one of your existing bags be modified with an extra spot for concealment?

Burt,
I wear a reinforced instructors belt. But I wear it with the buckle on the right side. If you are familiar with how they work I thread the belt from the right around the back to the left. The end goes through the buckle and back laying hook and loop to my left. When unbuckled it allows the belts reinforcement to continue to aid in support of the holstered weapon. Holstered weapon never comes out or falls down until I need it to.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Indeed, I have open carried my Glock with a black t-shirt and had only about 1 out of 10 notice.

Daily CC requires some changes in wardrobe and habits. After several years in the military I found it difficult to adjust my thinking back to an untidy untucked shirt. I compromise with square-tailed shirts as I feel it's more stylish.

One suggestion for people is to consider belt and suspenders. It not only keeps your pants up while whizzing into a urinal, it distributes the weight better all day long. Cops often have long term chronic problems due to the ergonomic of holstered firearms and duty belts. It may not seem like a great deal of weight once it's on your waist, but it causes you to adjust your posture and that can cause problems. If the suspenders are over a T-shirt and under your button-up, it's not even going to draw a glance. This also keeps a layer of fabric between you, your holster, and the general public and your holster. Obviously more difficult to layer up like this in hot weather, but the choice of over shirt matters, too. Something with vented arm pit and back of the hsoulder vents is not a bad idea.

5.11 makes a concealed carry shirt as well as some other manufacturers. I use them, it's a fairly discreet plaid or solid (you will probably only be noticed by private security who tends to wear them, and perhaps some well-informed cops) and it even has false buttons on the bottom with snaps behind it for fast break-away. Useful for IWB/OWB or shoulder carry. I carry them in my shop.

I've got to the point where I don't care if the gun prints under the shirt or not...me thinks we get all wrapped in such useless concerns.

When wearing shorts, I wear an IWB holster with a t-shirt that's long enough to cover it. If it prints, oh well...its concealed.
I always pack a small 1911.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR