JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This story must have presented a real conundrum for the uber-left editors at The Guardian. Do they defend him as a marginalized member of society just taking part in a harmless neighborhood tradition, or demonize him as a threat to the community with an evil AR-15 "assault-style" rifle?

Looks like they chose the former.

I agree with Socrates. Democracies are self-destroying because the dumbest people have equal say with everyone else. You get dumb MF breeding like rabbits and barely know the difference between their butthole and a hole in the ground.

Seemed like voting being left to property owners would have kept this country out of the crap longer, assuming the civil rights of everyone was still respected. I'd also go for a system where people on government handouts didn't get to vote. It's a conflict of interests.
Retirees, students with federal student loans, farmers, ranchers, vets, anyone working under a government grant or contract, any homeowner with a federally-backed loan are all on "government handouts."

When the US was created, only white males 21 or older who owned land could vote. You can't go back to that and protect civil rights.

From the article:

Williams said her husband was the one put in the unsafe situation, not the police officer.

And earlier said:

"My husband and I both went out there to shoot guns in the air, like everybody does to celebrate," Williams said.

Are these people for real or just really stupid? Do they take NO responsibility for this or fail to realize THEY put a LOT of people in an unsafe situation?

Tradition or not......at least......
I have blank cartridges for that sort of "celebration".

BUT THEN.....
Since we have "trigger happy/racist cops" at every turn (so says the Media anyway). Well, it's not likely that I'll be shooting up into the air or anywhere else in my neighborhood. Because that would be a sort of Darwin move.

BUT THEN......
I don't vote for Dems. Standard disclaimer applies.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
As should be obvious, this would have stopped it from happening.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.19.52 PM.png

Retirees, students with federal student loans, farmers, ranchers, vets, anyone working under a government grant or contract, any homeowner with a federally-backed loan are all on "government handouts."

When the US was created, only white males 21 or older who owned land could vote. You can't go back to that and protect civil rights.
I disagree on what you are referring to as "handouts." For example, a loan (in theory) will be paid back. That is far different than "I'm poor because of personal choices and now need the government to pay my bills so I can continue to enjoy a standard of living I like."

We could change voting rights and not have it be only white males age 21 and older who vote.

"If you don't own real estate, you don't get a vote." Or if you don't pay any federal income tax, you don't get a vote. There are many metrics that could be applied.

Right because when you're being shot at, the smart thing to do is to first announce that you are the Police and then wait in case they stop shooting at you. :rolleyes:

And yes, he may not have been shooting at them, but they shouldn't be expected to know that in a split second.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.
Alexander Fraser Tytler

"An erosion of democratic norms. An escalating climate emergency. Corrosive racial inequality. A crackdown on the right to vote. Rampant pay inequality. America is in the fight of its life."

Says an ultra-leftwing British newspaper. Mind your own freaking business. Or, bugger off you commie nancy boys, as they say in the UK.

Not so. Assuming by retirees you mean social security and medicare recipients, these are not handouts. These are insurance programs that recipients have paid for during their working lives, and in the case of medicare, continue to pay premiums for in retirement. Look at your pay stub some time. They are not freebies.

Veterans who receive government benefits have earned them. This is a contract the government makes with them in return for their service. Anyone WORKING under a government contract or grant is, presumably, earning their pay.

Federally backed loans are not handouts. The government doesn't buy your house for you. Same for student loans, as @American123 pointed out. Now, when the democrats start cancelling loan debt in order to buy votes, that's a handout.

Why not? Civil rights are enshrined in the Constitution, specifically the first 10 amendments. This has nothing to do with the ballot box. That is what a constitutional republic is all about, as opposed to a direct democracy. Protecting civil rights doesn't have to mean granting universal sufferage. For example, non-citizens who are legal residents do not have the right to vote (yet), but their civil rights are protected under the Constitution.

Even so, we'll never go back to that. That's a totally unrealistic goal at this point.

"An erosion of democratic norms. An escalating climate emergency. Corrosive racial inequality. A crackdown on the right to vote. Rampant pay inequality. America is in the fight of its life."

Says an ultra-leftwing British newspaper. Mind your own freaking business. Or, bugger off you commie nancy boys, as they say in the UK.

Not so. Assuming by retirees you mean social security and medicare recipients, these are not handouts. These are insurance programs that recipients have paid for during their working lives, and in the case of medicare, continue to pay premiums for in retirement. Look at your pay stub some time. They are not freebies.

Veterans who receive government benefits have earned them. This is a contract the government makes with them in return for their service. Anyone WORKING under a government contract or grant is, presumably, earning their pay.

Federally backed loans are not handouts. The government doesn't buy your house for you. Same for student loans, as @American123 pointed out. Now, when the democrats start cancelling loan debt in order to buy votes, that's a handout.

Why not? Civil rights are enshrined in the Constitution, specifically the first 10 amendments. This has nothing to do with the ballot box. That is what a constitutional republic is all about, as opposed to a direct democracy. Protecting civil rights doesn't have to mean granting universal sufferage. For example, non-citizens who are legal residents do not have the right to vote (yet), but their civil rights are protected under the Constitution.

Even so, we'll never go back to that. That's a totally unrealistic goal at this point.
Yep, these are the same folks who think they can create a utopia by following guys who killed millions of their own people and produced nothing but misery for the rest.

Well said. I didn't have the desire to try to explain to someone how they were so wrong in so many ways about what a government handout is, or isn't.

For example: Social security that I pay into my whole life (ponzi scheme) and then get some back later is not a handout.

Military service members getting paid or having their medical / living expenses paid for is not a handout. It is fulfilling a contract between the government and the veteran. The veteran signs a contract and the government is financially responsible to compensate them to varying degrees during and afterward. Not a handout.

Want to talk about handouts… my friend getting his girlfriend pregnant when they were 18 and 17, then having the government pay 100% of the medical for the delivery, comp their living expenses just because they are poor, rent, utilities, phones, medical, food, dental, cable, internet, etc. then those same two people pop out two more kids over the next 5 years all while still on the dole. That's an example of handouts in our country currently and why we are seemingly destined to collapse as a society.

Not that I am looking for any pity. Comparatively I've had my first kid nearly 13 years after they did and have paid 100% of all the bills for my family's existence without assistance from the government.

In effect, by being responsible, doing the "right thing" and planning our decisions and lives in such a way to be financially independent of government handouts, we are penalized not only by how the opportunities we experience are different, but also financially because we are taxed more which is used to pay the bills of the irresponsible members of society.

So this is why I refer to government handouts and voting rights as a conflict of interests. Someone who is getting their world paid for by the government will never vote for any type of fiscal responsibility that would reduce that and force them to pay their own way.

Last Edited:
Earliest I can find easily is

but it seems to me I've seen something like that from Republican Rome.
Yeah, I've noticed as I've read more and learned more over the years that a lot of the "universal truths" (as I am going to call them) about humans and society tend to be repeated as similar quotes by different people. The reason for this is that these truths are exemplified over and over again seemingly regardless of where in history we look.

Humans aren't drastically different today than 20,000 years ago and the issues we face as societies are in many ways not so different either. People seem to think that because we have technology they didn't have then we are far more advanced. Sure, technologically we may be, but using Rome as an example, the political, corrupt government, and cultural issues that contributed to their downfall is nearly identical.

Your (somewhat erroneous) statement about government handouts has already been addressed, but I would also point out that you cannot protect civil rights when 50.1% of the population can tyrannize the other 49.9% of the population in a pure democracy….. ESPECIALLY when the majority of the masses of the population have been dumbed down and conditioned into pop-culture groupthink.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads