Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I said to her "I'll buy you whatever you want."

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by nastybynature, Apr 10, 2014.

1. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

So my dutiful wife's bday was last January and our whole household came down with that horrible flu right then. I told her next month I will take you wherever you want that we can drive within a day and stay in a hotel for a couple nights and just see some sights which she liked the idea of. Well part of her being sick was related to her being pregnant which suddenly made the idea of travel not so fun to her. So I said to her, "I'll buy you whatever you want."

Now while most men are afraid to say something like that to their wife's, I am fortunate that my woman doesn't really like shopping for herself so I don't hesitate. She says she really wants a Kimber Super Carry Ultra+. Well, while that has a hefty price tag, it is a new gun and I like the idea of her EDC being a .45 over her 9mm.

After going to Sportsman's and handling all the compact 1911's she ended up picking out a Desert Eagle 1911 U. Even though the Kimber was much prettier, she said the action on the Desert Eagle felt better and more precise than the Kimber pistols. Yes, my wife is Awesome and I must say, I am a little jealous. ;) IMG_20140408_204611_972.jpg

It is a great little shooter with the trigger it came with and we added the hogue grip. Although now that she is pregnant, we have started looking at alternate ways to carry besides her favorite IWB at 4'oclock. She has been using a fanny pack holster while we try to find her a backpack purse set up for conceal carry.

Bought a couple Hornady RapidSafes with some of the $$ we saved not buying the Kimber but that is a whole other story that I won't go into until I give Hornady a chance to make it right which they seem to be doing.

2. AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac Vancouver, WA Active Member

I haven't been able to shoot one, but the DE 1911s I've checked out at Sportsman's have felt great, definitely fantastic triggers out of the box. Glad to hear it functions nicely as well.

Now I just have to convince my wife that she needs one as well ;-)

nastybynature likes this.
  3. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

dang - wish I'd met your wife's sister years ago. well done.

4. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

If I offered my wife anything she wanted, it would probably be an annual pass to Disneyland, and a plane ticket down there. Sounds like your's is much more practical.

5. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Ugh, yeah...

6. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

My wife would say the same thing.

7. WARCHOP37

WARCHOP37 Lake Stevens Member

As would mine...noticing a poor trend here.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  8. AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac Vancouver, WA Active Member

My wife is happy with an annual pilgrimage to Disneyland, but I doubt she'd turn down the annual pass either. She's made mention of it in the past.....

9. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Lucky man, OP. My wife would ask for another handbag!

Although I can't complain - she is happy with my hobby, and even came to the WAC show with me last month! I think she may be getting a bit conservative in her middle age. :)

10. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

All I got from this is it sounds like your wife was unhappy everyone had the flu when it was her birthday. Tell her to suck it up!

As you can probably tell I'm not married.

8ball and nastybynature like this.
  11. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

Mine would say, I don't want to spend money on anything. I know, a little odd, but that's why I love her.

And why I buy guns FTF with cash on the way home from work. What she doesn't know...

nastybynature likes this.
  12. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Will come back and bite you in the arse, trust me.

13. WARCHOP37

WARCHOP37 Lake Stevens Member

and THAT purchase would be my FNX-9. hush hush.

14. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

I remember selling my Gold Cup Trophy to Puddlemonkey face to face and wondering why I didn't have a nifty car like he did. OK. Now I know. Because I have a wife and he doesn't.

15. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Never know how that will turn out unless you marry a gal with a profession. Oh, wait that's what I did!
    My Gal, who's retiring this month consistently brought in over $70K per year. Pretty well worth keeping!

16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Actually I do get what you are saying. Although it was voluntary on my part, I did sell my S&W 686 to help her buy a fancy sewing machine! Boy, I miss that stainless beauty!