JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my dutiful wife's bday was last January and our whole household came down with that horrible flu right then. I told her next month I will take you wherever you want that we can drive within a day and stay in a hotel for a couple nights and just see some sights which she liked the idea of. Well part of her being sick was related to her being pregnant which suddenly made the idea of travel not so fun to her. So I said to her, "I'll buy you whatever you want."

Now while most men are afraid to say something like that to their wife's, I am fortunate that my woman doesn't really like shopping for herself so I don't hesitate. She says she really wants a Kimber Super Carry Ultra+. Well, while that has a hefty price tag, it is a new gun and I like the idea of her EDC being a .45 over her 9mm.

After going to Sportsman's and handling all the compact 1911's she ended up picking out a Desert Eagle 1911 U. Even though the Kimber was much prettier, she said the action on the Desert Eagle felt better and more precise than the Kimber pistols. Yes, my wife is Awesome and I must say, I am a little jealous. ;) IMG_20140408_204611_972.jpg

It is a great little shooter with the trigger it came with and we added the hogue grip. Although now that she is pregnant, we have started looking at alternate ways to carry besides her favorite IWB at 4'oclock. She has been using a fanny pack holster while we try to find her a backpack purse set up for conceal carry.

Bought a couple Hornady RapidSafes with some of the $$ we saved not buying the Kimber but that is a whole other story that I won't go into until I give Hornady a chance to make it right which they seem to be doing.

I haven't been able to shoot one, but the DE 1911s I've checked out at Sportsman's have felt great, definitely fantastic triggers out of the box. Glad to hear it functions nicely as well.

Now I just have to convince my wife that she needs one as well ;-)

If I offered my wife anything she wanted, it would probably be an annual pass to Disneyland, and a plane ticket down there. Sounds like your's is much more practical.

Lucky man, OP. My wife would ask for another handbag!

Although I can't complain - she is happy with my hobby, and even came to the WAC show with me last month! I think she may be getting a bit conservative in her middle age. :)

I remember selling my Gold Cup Trophy to Puddlemonkey face to face and wondering why I didn't have a nifty car like he did. OK. Now I know. Because I have a wife and he doesn't.

Never know how that will turn out unless you marry a gal with a profession. Oh, wait that's what I did!
My Gal, who's retiring this month consistently brought in over $70K per year. Pretty well worth keeping!

I remember selling my Gold Cup Trophy to Puddlemonkey face to face and wondering why I didn't have a nifty car like he did. OK. Now I know. Because I have a wife and he doesn't.

Actually I do get what you are saying. Although it was voluntary on my part, I did sell my S&W 686 to help her buy a fancy sewing machine! Boy, I miss that stainless beauty!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top