JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I retired today from my second career: 22 years in the USN (Subs) followed by 26 1/2 years as an LEO. Lots of good memories but they are all about the men and women that I was privileged to work along side of and not of the jobs themselves.

I am tired. Too tired really and need to rest. I have no wisdom to share other than to remark that maybe we should all be a little more forgiving of one another.

At any rate my wife and I will be moving to eastern Washington, one of these days, to be closer to my parents and to get some more sun (and heat and cold and wind.)

I retired today from my second career: 22 years in the USN (Subs) followed by 26 1/2 years as an LEO. Lots of good memories but they are all about the men and women that I was privileged to work along side of and not of the jobs themselves.

I am tired. Too tired really and need to rest. I have no wisdom to share other than to remark that maybe we should all be a little more forgiving of one another.

At any rate my wife and I will be moving to eastern Washington, one of these days, to be closer to my parents and to get some more sun (and heat and cold and wind.)
Thank you for those decades of service! One thing which you will never regret is retiring. Sounds like it was due time, maybe slightly overdue. An almost universal theme among new retirees is ''will we have enough money?"
The only answer is "Yes!"
You do not need as much money to have the time of your life.

Don't do like me. I retired after 23 years as a city police officer, then went to work for the local Sheriffs' Office a bit later for 3 1/2 years, then quit. Went back to the S.O. for 4 1/2 years and then quit. Went back again for 2 1/2 years and then quit. Now I am back again, but only working one day a week. Obviously I have to words of wisdom to offer you.

Thank you for all of your service. It is people like you who keep us safe and free.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top