JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember when gasoline was 25 cents a gallon and they gave you a dish if you filled up.

22lr was $5.90 a carton and a hunting fishing combo was $8 and dear tag was $6

A hamburger fries and shake was 49 cents at Johnys 49ers south of corvallis.

:D Had enough?

I remember when a hunting license and deer tag allowed you to hunt the whole state (and that wasn't really that long ago).. then they cut it in half and now it's just crazy.

I remember Western Field .22LR selling for .49c a box at Coast to Coast
I remember buying a 16oz Coke an Ice cream sandwich and a 8" Snickers bar after Softball practice and if I drank the Coke at the store/gas station across from the school so I didn't have to pay deposit it was only a Quarter.
I remember 96 octane Chevron Custom Supreme gas and cars with 11.5-1 compression ratios that needed it.
I remember Vicki Ertel (never you mind LOL)
I remember buying great used cars for 500-600 that with a little tweeking went 140mph.
I remember party lines on the phone so you could listen into the neighbors
I remember the Columbus Day Storm.

Sorry I didn't remember the rules to the thread LOL

I remember when, at 16, I could toss my Marlin 60 in my car, drive not far from home, and go shoot up some cans and other stuff, without fear of being arrested. The worst you'd get would be a slap on the wrist if you were on someone's property and they wanted you off.

I remember when gasoline was 25 cents a gallon and they gave you a dish if you filled up.

22lr was $5.90 a carton and a hunting fishing combo was $8 and dear tag was $6

A hamburger fries and shake was 49 cents at Johnys 49ers south of corvallis.

:D Had enough?
Was everything in black and white?
What did the dinosaurs look like?
;)
Just kidding brother.
I give my father a hard time too. He remembers all sorts of things like that. The best was the gas prices..

Oh how nice that would be.

I remember when a Belgium light 12 meant something.
And a coupe deville was high society.
And shooting moles in backyard with a 12 gauge was ok.
And a dozen ears or corn was a buck.
4.00? Give me a break...

I remember when you could actually find 22lr

My dad would tell me stories about taking his gun to school in the early 70s and check it in at the office and pick it back up after school to go hunting.

Was everything in black and white?
What did the dinosaurs look like?
;)
Just kidding brother.
I give my father a hard time too. He remembers all sorts of things like that. The best was the gas prices..

Oh how nice that would be.

:D Yes I do recall watching TV in black and white, and the dinosaurs were the big comfortable cars that road like a boat. You guys pay big money to get them now.

I remember paying 35 cents to see a movie in a real theater. Popcorn was a dime and soda was a dime too.

I remember when I rode my Tecumseh and Briggs & Stratton minibikes everywhere. Gas was 21.9 or something like that at Richfield, and I could take a spare gallon home in a glass apple juice jug pinched between my knees.

If I buzzed the same route too often, someone would eventually call the cops who'd make a slooow circuit through the hills, passing 2-3 yards from where my buddy Robert and I hid smoking cigarettes in the bushes by the watertower. Blazing hot muffler and centrifugal clutch on the minibike going "PING! TICKTICKTICKTICK!!!" I was positive the fuzz could hear it. Cheap adrenaline rush.

I guess the gun related part was flying home from Heathrow in London that same year with a pump pellet pistol I bought in Scotland - in my carry on bag. Just a different era.

Last Edited:
I remember, in Bend, when my parents wouldn't let me buy a 30 Luger from a sporting goods store on Greenwood, for $35.

And the '50 Chevy convertible that I bought in '63, for $15.

I remember when I pulled a loaded 12 gage shotgun on Bill Walton, his brother and his activist lawyer friend after mistaking them for a couple of thieves robbing my neighbors cabin.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top