JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. The drive would have still had legs and would probably be just as hurt as the mercedes driver. Remember you can only put as much force on something as it is pushing back with. Meaning the force on the mercedes was the same as on the smart car, the smart is just shorter to begin with lol.

Remember you can only put as much force on something as it is pushing back with. Meaning the force on the mercedes was the same as on the smart car, the smart is just shorter to begin with lol.

This is wrong. If the mercedes is going the same velocity as the smart car, the mercedes has more linear momentum (mass x velocity) than the smart car, so the mercedes exerts more force at the same velocity than the smart car, simply because it is a heavier car.

Think of it this way, when you drive your car at any velocity and hit a bug (also with its own velocity), the bug also exerts a force on your windshield. But the car has such a large difference in momentum, the force the bug exerts on your car is not noticed, but it does indeed decrease your initial velocity.

These are kinda neat. My wife REALLY wants one so maybe I'll be getting one in the near future. The biggest disappointment about this car is that the diesel model, which gets 80mpg, isn't sold in America.

I paid 1500 for my 95 sentra that gets close to 40mpg. I consider that my smart car. I wouldn't invest more than that into something slow and conservative. It's been a great car too... Put some rally tires on it and even took it up into the woods a few times

Doesn't really get the gas mileage with the rally tires but it's a lil more versatile

1019081723a.jpg
1019081723.jpg

What are those Ducati Monster's going for these days? I remember back in the day (01')you could pick one up new for 5k and used for around 3.5k. I was thinking about getting a bike a while back but dropped the idea after I seen a video on wrecks. I figured I would be the guy that get's rear ended, turning into a hood ornament or something; that's the way my luck has been lately anyway

I still rather have my Geo Metro... I average 49mpg on unleaded in the winter when I let it warm up 10 minute before leaving for work. In the summer I average 53 mpg. The best tank I've ever had was 58mpg!

One of my first cars was a 92 with the monster 3 cyl and 5 speed. Got an honest 60mpg going back and forth to work. All freeway in the slow lane. Sold it to my dad who sold it to a friend. Last I heard it was still going strong with over 300k. Should have never sold that car.

One of my first cars was a 92 with the monster 3 cyl and 5 speed. Got an honest 60mpg going back and forth to work. All freeway in the slow lane. Sold it to my dad who sold it to a friend. Last I heard it was still going strong with over 300k. Should have never sold that car.

We have 5 Metros...I like the convertable the best! I gave up motorcycles after getting ran off the road too many times by drivers who just don't see bikes. The Metro is better for getting back and forth to work than my V8 powered Land Cruiser which is my other mode of transportation.

Honda Civic VX - i had a lead foot and STILL got 36 mpg in the city!
If I had to go back to an econobox - i think i would get that over the Geo Metro.

Sadly, most 90s Honda Civic hatchabacks are riced-out or tore up.

To me, a Smart Car looks like a pop can with headlights, and we all know what pop cans are good for don't we??:gun10:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top