JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Smart car gets 33 city and 40 hwy mpg and has to use high octane gasoline. My VW Golf diesel is rated at 41 city and 49 hwy mpg - and has a trunk and holds three more people...

.__________
/.. :eek: :woot:\
--------------
O....vw....O

The Smart car gets 33 city and 40 hwy mpg and has to use high octane gasoline. My VW Golf diesel is rated at 41 city and 49 hwy mpg - and has a trunk and holds three more people...

.__________
--------------
O....vw....O

I still rather have my Geo Metro... I average 49mpg on unleaded in the winter when I let it warm up 10 minute before leaving for work. In the summer I average 53 mpg. The best tank I've ever had was 58mpg!

thats what i was going to ask

what ever happened to the Geo Metro it was smarter better gas milage and i could pack a marshall half stack in the back of a hatch back

i think the problem was it got too good of gas milage in fact they had to change the earlier ones that got 40+ so they would only get 35mpg max

Got to put it into prespective. How would a chevy suburban hold up if it was run into a 18wheeler at similiar speeds? Go figure the vehicle with the larger mass wins????

Steven

True enough, but the Smart car has zero 'crumple' zones. Most cars are designed to absorb the force as they compress.

I used to own a motorcycle, so I see the subjectivity, but if I'm in a CAR, I want to at least feel protected.

thats what i was going to ask

what ever happened to the Geo Metro it was smarter better gas milage and i could pack a marshall half stack in the back of a hatch back

i think the problem was it got too good of gas milage in fact they had to change the earlier ones that got 40+ so they would only get 35mpg max

The reason the Metros didn't survive, is that most American's in the 90's wanted their big trucks and gas seemed cheap at the time... The XFI model was the most fuel efficeint vechile produced, something like 54 mpg hwy, and I've know people who have drive them nicely and bettered 65mpg. I have one with title issue that I want to get on the road this year. I purchase it in Eastern Oregon and drove it back to So. Oregon, while driving +65 mph I still managed 56 mpg.

The 3 cyl cars can still be found, the JDM motor are still available if you don't want to rebuild... The real weekness in the motor is the number 2 exhaust valve if your timing is set to the factory 6 btdc... if set to 10-12 degree the car runs stronger and doesn't burn that valve as quickley.

.__________
--------------
O....vw....O

It holds more than three people in the trunk? Must be the "Coyote Especiale Edition" :s0114::s0114:

The idea behind the car was to create a vehicle easy to park and short enough to allow "nose-in" parking. Its length of 250 centimeters would equal the width of a regular parking slot, allowing two or three Smarts to park in the space as one normal car.

Swiss watch manufacturer Swatch started the Smart Car project.

The name Smart is an acronym for Swatch Mercedes ART.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top