JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i recomend one too,its called the holy bible....the greatest book ever written....sorry i couldn't resist,i figured jesus died for me the least i could do is....well what can you do to pay that back?

No problem, I have spent alot of time reading the bible. You may find that "Light Out" follows those same lines of thought in day to day life during an emergency. Hope it all works out for yall.

jj

I have "Lights Out" and haven't started reading it quite yet. But I can recommend "One Second After", a good read that sucks you in and lets you know what could/may really happen in the event of an EMP, whether it be a nefarious attack or a solar flare.

My opinion is that this book fits real well in this forum as it covers what an emergency or SHTF will be like. It has a lot of good insight of people and and may change the thinking of the reader as to how to prep. It's written as a day to day during bad times and how you can solve problems and make those days better.

I like it but the canibals here may not LOL

jj

I have "Lights Out" and haven't started reading it quite yet. But I can recommend "One Second After", a good read that sucks you in and lets you know what could/may really happen in the event of an EMP, whether it be a nefarious attack or a solar flare.

Lights out is alot like OSA but has a different way of thinking in it. Plus it has joe average in it and the day to day problems when the lights go out. Much more in depth than OSA.

jj

Sounds like a good book, I will order one the next time I do an Amazon buy, I just ordered

Survivor Personality: Why Some People Are Stronger, Smarter, and More Skillful atHandling Life's Difficulties...and How You Can Be, Too"
Siebert, Al; Paperback;
In Stock
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
1 "Iranium"
Shohreh Aghdashloo; DVD

My opinion is that this book fits real well in this forum as it covers what an emergency or SHTF will be like. It has a lot of good insight of people and and may change the thinking of the reader as to how to prep. It's written as a day to day during bad times and how you can solve problems and make those days better.

I like it but the canibals here may not LOL

jj

the canibals on here worry me a bit,i know there would be people out there like that but im gonna carry some jerky in my pocket as a peace offering to those guys.

The OP subject title had me rolling on the floor, sorry.

The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse [Paperback]
Fernando Ferfal Aguirre (Author)

Matrix of Power:How the World Has Been Controlled By Powerful People Without Your Knowledge [Paperback]
Jordan Maxwell (Author)

Both highly rated, available on Amazon.com

i recomend one too,its called the holy bible....the greatest book ever written....sorry i couldn't resist,i figured jesus died for me the least i could do is....well what can you do to pay that back?

I'll tell you what...I won't waste my time trying to convince you to convert to my beliefs if you refrain from espousing yours.

Let's keep this a forum about preparedness.

You guys need to learn a little tolerance, good grief. I in no way consider myself to be a christian or any other type of God fearer, but I also don't look for reasons to be offended either. It seems that America is endlessly champing at the bit to find something to complain about or take offense to. it's just as easy to turn you attention to the issues that really matter such as who we are electing to be our president. Yeah I know, wrong forum right?

You guys need to learn a little tolerance, good grief. I in no way consider myself to be a christian or any other type of God fearer, but I also don't look for reasons to be offended either. It seems that America is endlessly champing at the bit to find something to complain about or take offense to. it's just as easy to turn you attention to the issues that really matter such as who we are electing to be our president. Yeah I know, wrong forum right?

I'm not offended nor lack tolerance. Would you prefer I disengage the conversation about preparedness books and proselytize about Atheism? Replace Atheism with Christianity and you have what happened here.

I consider this space common ground where common principles are discussed. Your religious, sexual, etc personal lifestyles are your own.

I'm not offended nor lack tolerance. Would you prefer I disengage the conversation about preparedness books and proselytize about Atheism? Replace Atheism with Christianity and you have what happened here.

I consider this space common ground where common principles are discussed. Your religious, sexual, etc personal lifestyles are your own.

I would rather talk about the book "Lights Out" but since you chose to get in here with your anti religion views I will take just a moment to give you my view. While the schools taught you to be tolerant of so many things like race and culture it seems you have no tolerence of religion. No doubt you have your reasons.
If you want to start a thread on relgion or anti religion in preperations then go ahead. That way you won't be stepping on my book thread.

Thanks

jj

I would rather talk about the book "Lights Out" but since you chose to get in here with your anti religion views I will take just a moment to give you my view. While the schools taught you to be tolerant of so many things like race and culture it seems you have no tolerence of religion. No doubt you have your reasons.
If you want to start a thread on relgion or anti religion in preperations then go ahead. That way you won't be stepping on my book thread.

Thanks

jj

By all means, Jim. However, I find it a common thread that unlike public displays of affection by same sex, non-believers, and abortion, religion can be pushed about without opposition. The moment someone says something to the contrary, it labeled as intolerant.

You're wrong about school teaching me tolerance about culture and race. I'm too old for those shenanigans. We were taught a little something about the "Pursuit of Happiness" and other Constitutional Rights. Raised in religion I never questioned it; as it demands. As an adult, I read and found it [religion] to be a framework to control the populace. You can keep your beliefs and I'll keep mine. Conversations about bibles and religion (or lack thereof) should be in the Political/Rant Forum, not here, so stand down. It wasn't I who threw the first stone.

Back to books...I would recommend, "God Is Not Great - How Religion Poisons Everything", by Christopher Hitchens. Of course if the Bible is removed from this list, so should Hitchens. I'd put, "When Technology Fails", by Matthew Stein in it's place.

By all means, Jim. However, I find it a common thread that unlike public displays of affection by same sex, non-believers, and abortion, religion can be pushed about without opposition. The moment someone says something to the contrary, it labeled as intolerant.

You're wrong about school teaching me tolerance about culture and race. I'm too old for those shenanigans. We were taught a little something about the "Pursuit of Happiness" and other Constitutional Rights. Raised in religion I never questioned it; as it demands. As an adult, I read and found it [religion] to be a framework to control the populace. You can keep your beliefs and I'll keep mine. Conversations about bibles and religion (or lack thereof) should be in the Political/Rant Forum, not here, so stand down. It wasn't I who threw the first stone.

Back to books...I would recommend, "God Is Not Great - How Religion Poisons Everything", by Christopher Hitchens. Of course if the Bible is removed from this list, so should Hitchens. I'd put, "When Technology Fails", by Matthew Stein in it's place.

Yes I know who Hitchens was as he recently achieved room temperature and made the news. He too had a problem with religion and even made money selling his anti beliefs. Good for him and his way, it's all about choice isn't it. Well you choose your way and I choose mine and it that choice I choose religion. My belief is religion sets you free to make choices but then I was raised different than you.

I do have a view that there is a time and a place for how we see relgion and how it influences our preps. Again I suggest you open a thread that does what you want. Lights Out is an outstanding book about working together to achieve a common goal of survival against a SHTF. The characters working day to day with each problem learns how to solve it as a team.

jj

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top