JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My AK and SKS get there native steel cased ammo. My AR and the rest get a diet of mostly new brass and some reloaded brass. I have not had a problem with Wolf to speak of but, I'm thinking if it was designed for steel i use steel otherwise it gets brass. IMHO.
Lefty.
designed for steel and corrosive so I'm not worried about using milsup in my AK-74. I will have to clean it every time out but that's OK. Now I need to find an AK-47 in 7.62X39 as that ammo is MUCH more available locally.

Wolf is all I'm ever going to use in my AK. I used wolf in my S&W 1911 and it was just as accurate as anything else. I shot a lot of Wolf through my Colt AR, which everybody gave me crap about, and it worked just as good as Hornady TAP. Who cares if its dirty? CLEAN YOUR GUN! Also, if you are worried about wearing out your parts, you must be shooting a hellofalot, so if you can afford that, you can afford repairs, after tens of thousands of rounds. If your gun can't handle the cheap ammo, it is cheap. I've never had any problems and will shoot it in all my guns unless I'm hunting, carrying, or it needs to be super accurate. I'm stocking up on it for a SHTF ordeal.

nothing wrong with steel case,wolf or anyone else.If you want to pay a hundred fifty bucks or more per 1 k that's up to you.basically,that's what it is for me.I like cheap and shoot a lot.If my parts are being worn out,it ain't from the steel,it's from shooting a bazzillion rounds

Sorry but I can't shoot wolf. It would be like me putting regular gas in my boosted car. It's just problems waiting to happen. I will shoot Barnel (Silver and Golden Bear) rounds though. They were no where near as filthy as wolf rounds were to fire.

I have found Wolf rounds are not only dirty but underpowered. It did not have enough energy to cycle the bolt back far enough to strip the next round out of the magazine on my stg-556. Even when I set the gas port on the heavy setting it would occasionally fail. My buddy had no problems using silver bear in his bushy M4 and that is probably what I will use in mine once I shoot off the rest of the Wolf I have remaining. I have not shot a lot of it in my M4 but it seems to work fine since the carbine puts a lot of pressure back into the BCG anyways. The steel in steel cases is very soft so I doubt it could wear out a feed ramp. Extractors might be problematic but extractors are pretty cheap so you would still save money even if it was true.

Slowly but surely swearing off wolf ammo for anything but the AK and its variants. I tried a couple boxes of the new polymer coated 223 through my new del-ton upper last summer. Got through two and a quarter 30 rnd mags before failure to extract. Case was stuck hard in the chamber and the extractor had ripped a perfectly extractor-claw shaped piece of steel out of the rim. I wasn't mag dumping and it was a sunny NW day on the mountain but far from hot. That concluded my testing for polymer wolf. Just gross dirty too.

Other experience is lacquered 9mm consistently jamming an old Luger. No fun to be had with cheap ammo there either.

I'm seeing from this thread that DPMS, Colt, and Bushy are able to eat the stuff. What uppers are you guys running that can go between 0 and a only a few jams per 1k rounds of wolf in your AR?

Got through two and a quarter 30 rnd mags before failure to extract. Case was stuck hard in the chamber and the extractor had ripped a perfectly extractor-claw shaped piece of steel out of the rim.

with the AK-47 and has been corrected in the AK-74. There are probably aftermarket parts to cure the AK-47 too. I know I've seen case extractors for the AK-47 that are designed for just your problem so I don't think it's entirely the ammo's fault. :)

Shoot Wolf and keep shooting Wolf. People really fail at math. $200/1000 vs $300/1000. After shooting about 3-4000, you just saved enough money to buy yourself A NEW UPPER. And will 3-4000 wear out your old upper? Highly doubt it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top