JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was torn between it and the SIG P250sc at Brightwater but then I noticed the P250sc there has the old style internals and not the new ones. That turned me off a bit so I went with the SR9c today. Hopefully I will have a range report to go with it soon.

Here is a quick pic of it just before being sealed in it's little metal coffin to spend it's life under the seat in the car. :)

SR9c.jpg

Congratulation on the new SR9c. Picked up a Ruger SR9c last June myself. Other than the not so hot loaded chamber indicator I thought Ruger did a very good job on the SR9c for the price. Spent a little time on tweaking in the sights in for a near perfect POI. So far mine has been reliable and shoots much better than I expected for a 3 1/2" barrel pistol.

I have a few "little metal coffins", and the foam lining that came with each STINKS! Smells like diesel fuel, or some other petroleum solvent. I've washed each with soap and water, soaked them overnight, sprayed them with the orange bottled scent eliminator, and they still smell strongly.

Have you had this problem/issue, or are mine somehow diSTINKly defective?

- John
They stink something awful. Luckily you cannot smell them when they are closed and under the seat.

I have a few "little metal coffins", and the foam lining that came with each STINKS! Smells like diesel fuel, or some other petroleum solvent. I've washed each with soap and water, soaked them overnight, sprayed them with the orange bottled scent eliminator, and they still smell strongly.

I have read that the only way to get rid of the smell is replace the foam. Read a lot of reviews about people trying to treat the foam to fix the smell, and no method ever worked.

To PP: I have been considering the SR9c as well. I hope you like yours:D

Nice buy. I will be interested in your range report.

I am a little curious about one thing, though. If this is intended to be a vehicle gun, why did you go with the compact, rather than the full size?

Greg

Nice buy. I will be interested in your range report.

I am a little curious about one thing, though. If this is intended to be a vehicle gun, why did you go with the compact, rather than the full size?

Greg
Because one of my main uses of a "car gun" is to be a back up if I ever find myself without my EDC. So the gun could potentially see holster time. I even keep a holster for my car gun in the glovebox. My "overnight bag" locked in my truck is a cut proof locking bag (which is cabled to the frame) has a larger gun in it (.40S&W H&K USPc with two mags).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top