JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It should be here on Friday. After truncating it by 5 inches and replacing the tip it should be suitable for a "night on the town" in my "glad rags". The initial weight is 6 ounces, so it should be an easy carry and effective in a pinch.

Cold Steel makes some great products. From the Youtube videos, this will be fine unless you put the shaft in a vice and squeeze it between the jaws. It would then collapse like a straw. The video reviews I have watched said that it is a wicked street impact weapon.

This will be but another "dual purpose" walking aid in my arsenal.

The Cold Steel Item arrived today. I truncated the unit by a good 5". The handle works well, looking as if it should be on an aluminum tee. The entire cane weighed 7 1/2 ounces (now it weighs even less). I can recommend this walking stick/cane to anyone that needs a "dressy" cane that can support up to 250 lbs. It is perfect for those that desire a cane that can serve dual purposes and is as "light as a feather".

Nice. My Walkabout Stick just arrived at my package-drop, so I should be taking delivery next Tuesday... any pointers on stuff to look for when evaluating it?

Bonus, it lists at $45 but I got it for $20... :D

If you are using this as a "walking aid" you need to cut off the bottom so that the top is at your wrist break when standing up in your "walking shoes" with your arms hanging down at your sides. I stand 5' 7" and my hand rests perfectly atop my "personalized" 34" tall unit (this is how you "adjust" a cane).

Look to see:

(a) If the (head/crook) is loose,
(b) see if the shaft is straight,
(c) check for cracks anywhere on the cane/stick,
(d) how even is the finish?
(e) is the finish chipped?
(f) is the cane tip intact, properly seated, missing?
(g) Finally, is the cane the one you wanted?

www.fashionablecanes.com is an excellent source for all kinds of canes/walking sticks. Harvy's is another place (albeit more expensive) site. Harvy will cut the cane to your personal length before they ship the item to you. Sit down and perform some research before you buy your next cane and you are more likely to be satisfied the moment the cane comes out of the box. Trust me, research pays off.

Good luck and may god bless.

Inch shorter, so I'll need to have someone cut it down to 33. The rub is, there's about a half-inch of difference between my dress Oxfords and my 5.11 arse-kickers in height, and I regularly wear both...

What I'd *really* like is the strength of a fighter with the look of Mr. Hammond's from Jurassic Park, but somehow I don't see that combo ever coming to fruition. The "artsy" types who do prop replicas wet themselves at any mention of actual useful application...

Inch shorter, so I'll need to have someone cut it down to 33.

What I'd *really* like is the strength of a fighter with the look of Mr. Hammond's from Jurassic Park, but somehow I don't see that combo ever coming to fruition. The "artsy" types who do prop replicas wet themselves at any mention of actual useful application...

Diamondback,

Get the cane and climb into your "walking shoes". Stand erect and have someone measure from your wrist to the floor. This is where the cane/walking stick should reach when your arms are straight down at your side. You can always add an extra half-inch for the possibility of "uneven ground". Have someone measure this for you so that there aren't any mistakes. www.fashionablecanes.com has a page for cane height approximation. Please go there and look at what they have to say.

Good luck, and may God bless.

Thanks. :)

If it helps and for the peanut gallery, here's the CS page for the one I bought complete with a nice "BATTER UP!" video :D :
Walkabout Walking Stick by Cold Steel

It looks as if it doesn't come with a Cane Tip. If you are using it as a walking aid, I would recommend that after having shortened it, that you take your walking stick and measure the end see if you can mount a Cane Tip for it. The largest I have found are 1" in diameter. (These are Walker/Commode tips). Fit the proper tip on it so that it won't slip on either wet or uneven ground. An added advantage is that it will disguise it a bit so that it doesn't look like an impact weapon.

Safety first.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Last Edited:
When you catch them hanging by their toes in the belfry, you know they've finally gone "around the bend".
There's a little town in Montana named Belfry and the school animal or whatever is/are bats.

th?id=OIP.6UgyP3qMDU9buySg9my2WQHgFo&w=236&h=177&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

If you ever trap either one of them in the attic hanging by their toes and their eyes turn red... leave them trapped!
More like break out the garlic and stakes... more frightening would be how you get three to four hundred pounds UP there in the first place! LOL

Usually *I'm* the one who has to go up into the attic and fetch stuff, because 1. neither of them have the mobility to get up the ladder and 2. they'd swiftly be crashing through the ceiling!

Oh well... you do what you have to do for family, right? :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top