JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a bunch of I can do it myself people that would also give the shirt off their back to you if in need. The South is a great place to grow up. Hahahaha! Get someone from the swamps of Louisiana and Mountains of Appalachia… good luck understanding anything!
This is why banjos.

I grew up in rural Idaho, and my Woodshop teacher (we are talking 2004-2008) had bullets and ammo all over his desk. He would hunt before/after school on his 5,000 acre ranch. I once found a box of 25 12ga 2-3/4 shells at school, and figured they were his. Gave it to him and he said "Well how did those fall out of my truck?" Haha. Great guy, and most kids favorite teacher. He would put us in headlocks and give us "noogies" if we were goofing off.

Our principal had to regularly remind students to not leave shotguns in their trucks, as alot of kids would bird hunt before school.

Its a different world out there, thats for sure. I always open carry when at/around our Cabin in Secesh Idaho. But concealed everyehere else.

The two local bars up in the woods there still ask that you hand over your firearms to the bartender if you are drinking. They will hand them over when you leave. A remainder of the old ornery mining days.

Last Edited:
Let it be known that some of the only places where patriotism and pride in the American flag is suppressed is...in America?

Good luck leaving this hell hole of a state!
Central, southern, and all of eastern Oregon are some of my favorite parts of the west coast. Beautiful country. Definitely the opposite of Portland in every way.

I spent the last two weeks in the free states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Instead of my normal compact concealed carry piece, I opted for my P229 in a OWB holster, and in some places my 460 magnum in a shoulder holster, grizzly country after all.

For the most part, not a single care was given by the natives. You could definitely tell who were the locals and who were tourists, especially in Yellowstone. I really thought I would get crap from a park ranger, but nope. The Chinese tourists were the most intrigued, and the most shocked reaction was from a British couple who couldn't fathom why I had gun strapped to my waist for all to see, they actually said out loud if that was legal and if someone should call someone. I asked them if they would be more comfortable if I had a machete like the islamic extremists in their country.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in these states. No one panicking at the sight of a gun. Not having covid constantly being shoved down your throat, no masks, no living in fear. Just people going about living normals lives without a care. People actually proud of the American flag and willingly displaying it. This the America I grew up in and remember.

I think it is time, I am ready to leave Oregon and its garbage behind. Coeur D'alene was my favorite. Easy American living, with big city access in Spokane. I can't wait to leave this dump.
"I asked them if they would be more comfortable if I had a machete like the islamic extremists in their country." Not that was a great comeback!

C'mon, I ask ya, do WE look snooty? Heck, we LIVE in Oregon for part of the year. You'd never know we didn't belong there. Every darn thing I'm wearing was bought within five miles of where this photo was taken. 'cept my watch.

1631910219031.png

In case of confusion - that's the Tilikum Crossing.

And this is the view off the deck where we spend most time -

1631910079327.png

Last Edited:
I just met a pretty nice British guy on the forum, I'd care what he thinks. I would think we cared about what the British thought during WW 1 & 2 as well…
Manny, you're wasting your valuable time here, I have to tell you. In 1776 my father's people were bent over a mud-plot somewhere in County Cork, and my mom's people were tending an orchard somewhere. None of them owned more than they had on their backs, either.

As you'll find out pretty rapidly, there are people here who take endless delight in trying to put down people who live where I do, because of the events of the 1770's.

And then move on to present times, and inflict their open dislike of anything from this side of the water because they know that their ill-will will never be turned back on them.

How do you think it would be over here, in part of the country where we are surrounded by almost 40,000 Americans, if WE had the same attitude as they do?

Mrs tac and I like to think that we are better than that.

We move on, Sir.

Manny, you're wasting your valuable time here, I have to tell you. In 1776 my father's people were bent over a mud-plot somewhere in County Cork, and my mom's people were tending an orchard somewhere. None of them owned more than they had on their backs, either.

As you'll find out pretty rapidly, there are people here who take endless delight in trying to put down people who live where I do, because of the events of the 1770's.

And then move on to present times, and inflict their open dislike of anything from this side of the water because they know that their ill-will will never be turned back on them.

Mrs tac and I like to think that we are better than that.

How do you think it would be over here, in part of the country where we are surrounded by almost 40,000 Americans, if WE had the same attitude as they do?

We move on, Sir.
I'm with you 100%, Sir! You are better than that kind of attitude. Most people are. Unfortunately these…patriots (which they aren't) tend to think they know all about history and conveniently ignore any that might make them look poorly or go against the approved patriot narrative.

you're true gentlemen in my book!

Not having covid constantly being shoved down your throat, no masks, no living in fear.
Uh, Coeur d'Alene is where the hospital is full-up with Covid patients including the corridors. Non-Covid patients can't get treated because the hospital is filled up with unvaccinated people who are there for threatment. The area has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Think there is a connection?

Get real the locals don't fantasize about open carry, it's a city slicker thing!
This ^^

powers-that-be built warming shelters for homeless. Now the bums don't leave for warmer places during the cold winters. PROGRESS!!! /sarc
In places like Seattle, they are finding out that the more solution they apply to the chronic homeless problem, the bigger the problem gets. Current "solutions" have the magnet effect.

It's the same issue with immigration. Government policies at all levels of free stuff for all just invites more takers.

Uh, Coeur d'Alene is where the hospital is full-up with Covid patients including the corridors. Non-Covid patients can't get treated because the hospital is filled up with unvaccinated people who are there for threatment. The area has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Think there is a connection?
The hospital situation there made zero impact on my visit, it did not appear any one else was worried, no masks in sight.

I really could not care less, I am vaccinated and healthy, no worries if I get it. If they are unvaccinated and catch it, that is on them. Their body, their choice. I just hope the experience was worth it for them. Out of sight, out of mind for me. I sure enjoyed the last two weeks going about not wearing a mask and no restrictions.

Damn all that American freedom to travel and move where ever we please when we please! Noooooooo!!!
I have lived in the PNW for much of my life and have watched the invasion cause the politics to change significantly. In my opinion the Californians have ruined the state. They trash their own cities and then move to nice places and bring their idiotic policies with them. The town I live in used to be beautiful. Now it is an excrement-hole full of "progressive" people who can't wait to interfere in your life. Other than that, I have no problem with them...

Last Edited:
I have lived in the PNW for much of my life and have watched the invasion cause the politics to change significantly. In my opinion the Californians have ruined the state. The trash their own cities and then move to nice places and bring their idiotic policies with them. The town I live in used to be beautiful. Now it is an excrement-hole full of "progressive" people who can't wait to interfere in your life. Other than that, I have no problem with them...
Good thing no one has to get your permission to move wherever the hell they want to. It's called freedom.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top