JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spokane has a higher crime rate than Portland, and they have their own homeless, BUT their city isn't compeltely wrecked like Portland. They don't have homeless camps everywhere, they don't have trash piled up everywhere, and they still have a police force. Reminded me more of Portland in the 90s. I still felt safer there, than I do Portland.

Boise... another city ruined by Californians, Austin of the North. Twin Falls was nice, but I thought it was hilarious 9 out of 10 trucks was lifted. I though rolling coal was a thing of the past, but it appears to be the city's official past time.

Billings, hopefully it is not too late and they can hold their city, but it is another city being over taking by california locusts.

Coeur d'alene is it. Hopefully I can do my part and save Idaho.

Last Edited:
Anyhow, 'Yellowstone', 'open carry', 'shocked British tourists' yadda yadda yadda - it has gotten soooooooooooooooooo old - gets trotted out at least once a year on the netty. :s0161:
Which is alot less often than the old high and mighty " I take exception to saying Britains gun laws suck, mass shootings, Chicago, blah blah blah".

Which is alot less often than the old high and mighty " I take exception to saying Britains gun laws suck, mass shootings, Chicago, blah blah blah".
Agreed. UK gun laws DO suck. Extensively. I've never once written that they didn't. I suffer under them or take up basket-weaving for the deaf. And I'm sure you meant UK, and not just Britain, right? The rest of your comment is just home-truths.

Nothing high and mighty 'bout it, pal, you guys stop posting this c**p and I'll stop responding to it, 'kay?

I spent the last two weeks in the free states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Instead of my normal compact concealed carry piece, I opted for my P229 in a OWB holster, and in some places my 460 magnum in a shoulder holster, grizzly country after all.

For the most part, not a single care was given by the natives. You could definitely tell who were the locals and who were tourists, especially in Yellowstone. I really thought I would get crap from a park ranger, but nope. The Chinese tourists were the most intrigued, and the most shocked reaction was from a British couple who couldn't fathom why I had gun strapped to my waist for all to see, they actually said out loud if that was legal and if someone should call someone. I asked them if they would be more comfortable if I had a machete like the islamic extremists in their country.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in these states. No one panicking at the sight of a gun. Not having covid constantly being shoved down your throat, no masks, no living in fear. Just people going about living normals lives without a care. People actually proud of the American flag and willingly displaying it. This the America I grew up in and remember.

I think it is time, I am ready to leave Oregon and its garbage behind. Coeur D'alene was my favorite. Easy American living, with big city access in Spokane. I can't wait to leave this dump.
All the areas you listed are great but beware they are seeing influxes of Californians who left californistan, but thru their stupidity and bringing their baggage with them are trying to change those areas and not for the better.

And yet, some Portlanders think Spokane is more grimy than the land of neverending blue tarps and shopping carts.

I've been all over Spokanistan twice in the last 3 weeks. I see bums and junkies same as I have my whole life. But at least they have a tame demeanor during daylight hours.
And that human sewage is mostly downtown not in the outskirts.

Boise... another city ruined by Californians, Austin of the North. Twin Falls was nice, but I thought it was hilarious 9 out of 10 trucks was lifted. I though rolling coal was a thing of the past, but it appears to be the city's official past time.
A lot of similarities between Austin and Boise. Both cities are liberal compared to the surrounding area, but both are demonstrably more conservative than Portland. You can still belly up to a bar in Austin and have a beer with a serviceman. In downtown Boise you can still chat up another gun owner. You wear a Grunt Style t-shirt in Portland and you may not get service.

I didn't know that!!! I belong to texasguntalk.com tho, and talk about food is quite the thing. Brisket is manna there. And TexMex, home of Fajitas. :)

In La Grande the powers-that-be built warming shelters for homeless. Now the bums don't leave for warmer places during the cold winters. PROGRESS!!! /sarc

My stepdaughter just fled Boise to move to Richland OR near the Snake R. Small town living on 10ac... she and her BF just couldn't take it anymore. Sh*t, I remember Boise back in 1978. One of my Coast Guard buddies used to live there, his folks still did, and we spent a few weeks hunting deer, pheasant, etc. He's the one that suggested I move to La Grande instead of the big city of Boise... I so glad I made THAT choice!!

That's because we cut down ALL the trees... must have used them for homes. All of us are lumberjacks in red flannel shirts using a blue ox to help carry logs.
Oh my God, the Brisket… meat that falls apart if you jiggle the table just right. But also, we got big waist lines in TX with big appetites! Go shooting, eat brisket, take a Siesta!

TX can get a bad rap, but nothing but kind people who will take you shooting and feed you till you burst!
Arkansas always got a bum rap, like ALL the south but worse, but my daughter moved there years ago (saved the family from Santa Ana CA) and when I visited the people were fab. Same as in NC when I was there in 1977 but more able to understand their speech. Carolina Mush Mouth is a thing!!

Arkansas always got a bum rap, like ALL the south but worse, but my daughter moved their years ago (saved the family from Santa Ana CA) and when I visited the people were fab. Same as in NC when I was there in 1977 but more able to understand their speech. Carolina Mush Mouth is a thing!!
It's a bunch of I can do it myself people that would also give the shirt off their back to you if in need. The South is a great place to grow up. Hahahaha! Get someone from the swamps of Louisiana and Mountains of Appalachia… good luck understanding anything!

It's a bunch of I can do it myself people that would also give the shirt off their back to you if in need. The South is a great place to grow up. Hahahaha! Get someone from the swamps of Louisiana and Mountains of Appalachia… good luck understanding anything!
I always told the snoots from Bend that worked at Air Life of Oregon that I would rather guzzle beer with Southern Rednecks than sip wine with Northern or Eastern aristocrats!!!

It's was in the part where you can't carry loaded and he has a mag in it. So either he had a ccw and wanted to show it or he didn't know the laws in that city.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top