JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I spent the last two weeks in the free states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Instead of my normal compact concealed carry piece, I opted for my P229 in a OWB holster, and in some places my 460 magnum in a shoulder holster, grizzly country after all.

For the most part, not a single care was given by the natives. You could definitely tell who were the locals and who were tourists, especially in Yellowstone. I really thought I would get crap from a park ranger, but nope. The Chinese tourists were the most intrigued, and the most shocked reaction was from a British couple who couldn't fathom why I had gun strapped to my waist for all to see, they actually said out loud if that was legal and if someone should call someone. I asked them if they would be more comfortable if I had a machete like the islamic extremists in their country.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in these states. No one panicking at the sight of a gun. Not having covid constantly being shoved down your throat, no masks, no living in fear. Just people going about living normals lives without a care. People actually proud of the American flag and willingly displaying it. This the America I grew up in and remember.

I think it is time, I am ready to leave Oregon and its garbage behind. Coeur D'alene was my favorite. Easy American living, with big city access in Spokane. I can't wait to leave this dump.

Last Edited:
And yet, some Portlanders think Spokane is more grimy than the land of neverending blue tarps and shopping carts.

I've been all over Spokanistan twice in the last 3 weeks. I see bums and junkies same as I have my whole life. But at least they have a tame demeanor during daylight hours.

Ive always been fascinated by the open carry movement. To me if I cant carry in any city town or mall or store then I'm just living in my own freedom denial intentionally staying within places that accept it. Saw a guy open carrying in Cabelas in Boise this summer and wanted to ask him if he also carried in grocery stores and shopping malls as well.
I have no doubt that rural states and areas like those states accept open carry in rural areas, but did you go out to dinner to a nice restauraunt, go shopping in a major mall, grocery stores while there? Im just curious about more details of your experience.

I moved to Arizona beginning of this year. Never have i ever seen so many open carry folks. No one here cares one bit.
Quick edit, my brother carry's everywhere, the other day at the locale Safeway the cashier thanked him for supporting the second amendment. Literally everywhere Walmart, Safeway, home depo, unless it is a bar you see open carry.

Last Edited:
The Chinese tourists were the most intrigued, and the most shocked reaction was from a British couple who couldn't fathom why I had gun strapped to my waist for all to see, they actually said out loud if that was legal and if someone should call someone.
Yellowstone, open carry, shocked British tourists. Sounds very familiar:

I moved to Arizona beginning of this year. Never have i ever seen so many open carry folks. No one here cares one bit.
Quick edit, my brother carry's everywhere, the other day at the locale Safeway the cashier thanked him for supporting the second amendment. Literally everywhere Walmart, Safeway, home depo, unless it is a bar you see open carry.
When we were looking at places to move after retirement I looked at a lot of real-estate sites. The Odd thing about AZ was that a surprising amount of bedroom pictures showed the owners guns hanging on a bed post!
I was not surprised that they had those guns, Just that they let them be posted on a web site! Personally I would not let them publish pic's of my guns, reloading room, or the tools in my garage! AZ was the only place I noticed this. DR

I've never been a fan of open carry for myself, but I certainly have no issues with those that do it. It's good to hear that there are still people and places that appreciate it for sure, because once they get rid of open carry, we all know what comes next.

It was that way backin the '80s when I lived there.

I lived in AZ for a lot of years. Open was the only legal choice. We never could get CC passed there. In the out of the way small places no one gave a second glance. In the City it was a different story. MANY places would ask you to leave. I finally took to just CCing as it was only a Misdemeanor if found. The hassle was not worth open. It seemed so damn strange back then. When I was here in WA I could CC. We had it here before I was old enough to even buy a hand gun. AZ had a LOT more conservatives back then but we could not get them to vote for CC. Probably my favorite was I always have been a 1911 fanboy. Long loved the simple belt slide. I lost track of the people who freaked seeing the hammer back. Saying the pistol was going to "just go off". :s0092:

I spent the last two weeks in the free states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Instead of my normal compact concealed carry piece, I opted for my P229 in a OWB holster, and in some places my 460 magnum in a shoulder holster, grizzly country after all.

For the most part, not a single care was given by the natives. You could definitely tell who were the locals and who were tourists, especially in Yellowstone. I really thought I would get crap from a park ranger, but nope. The Chinese tourists were the most intrigued, and the most shocked reaction was from a British couple who couldn't fathom why I had gun strapped to my waist for all to see, they actually said out loud if that was legal and if someone should call someone. I asked them if they would be more comfortable if I had a machete like the islamic extremists in their country.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in these states. No one panicking at the sight of a gun. Not having covid constantly being shoved down your throat, no masks, no living in fear. Just people going about living normals lives without a care. People actually proud of the American flag and willingly displaying it. This the America I grew up in and remember.

I think it is time, I am ready to leave Oregon and its garbage behind. Coeur D'alene was my favorite. Easy American living, with big city access in Spokane. I can't wait to leave this dump.
I lived in post falls for years, it has grown a lot like CDA but it is still pretty laid back. Now I live in Spokane valley. The black sheep in CDA is the go to sporting goods store, if your rich cabelas in post falls.

Yellowstone, open carry, shocked British tourists. Sounds very familiar:

British can stay on their side of the (pond)

Anybody who has britbox watch some of their cop reality shows. Nothing but drunks, druggies, thieves, liars, no drivers license or insurance, and the penalties they get is a joke, lots of repeat offenders.you would think they were part of our present government.I consider them comedy shows.

I don't see much open carry in Spokane. Myself, I don't open carry, all I need is some gun hater flipping me crap. What gets me is this person would try to hide behind me if the lead starts flying.

CD
I don't see much open carry in Spokane. Myself, I don't open carry, all I need is some gun hater flipping me crap. What gets me is this person would try to hide behind me if the lead starts flying.
That was one of the good things about being one of the most obese states in America, plenty of big Texans to hide behind for cover.

I Kid…

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads