JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I acidentally ended up with an older inter ordanance ak47 variant. Google tells me they suck, akou says they suck, but this one os stamped Monroa, NC, not Florida. It also has a large letter "G" punched into near the gas block on the rear sight. Any info? Is this US made or some kind of import? Is it gonna blow up on me? I did get a good deal on it but still. My fault for not checking the markings before i bought it from my buddy.

Huh. The internet says they're awful but I can't find much real info on em. Either way, guess I'll shoot it till it stops shooting.
If it shoots, then enjoy it regardless of what the inTerwebs says.
The only thing that would make me groan is if they did a crap job of pressing the rivets or the front sight was canted...the later of which can be corrected quite easily.

NC, Florida, either one is American made. And has cast trunnions. If it shoots, shoot it. Just don't hold it to the same expectations as the imports.

And in either factory, they still probably use the barrel as a bucking bar which is bad.

my buddy had one. put about 2krounds thru it without an issue; i even shot it myself with no trouble.

his was newer with the buffer on the recoil spring. i guess they had a thing where the bolt would come out of the reciever and get hung up. we took the buffer out and put 200rnds thru it mag after mag with no problem. we could manually duplicate the said issue but never with live fire. ive read some people put a bulgarian spring and bolt(i think) in it and never have a problem.

his was good. YMMV.

only reason he got rid of it was to fund a high end AR that i helped him build.

I plan on test firing it a little tomorrow. If there are any issues, it will get sold (with full disclosure of the issue) to fund an Aresenal or Saiga or something along those lines.

Well, I acidentally ended up with an older inter ordanance ak47 variant. Google tells me they suck, akou says they suck, but this one os stamped Monroa, NC, not Florida. It also has a large letter "G" punched into near the gas block on the rear sight. Any info? Is this US made or some kind of import? Is it gonna blow up on me? I did get a good deal on it but still. My fault for not checking the markings before i bought it from my buddy.
That is a Romanian gaurd AK was probably built from a parts kit but some of the old stuff is ok

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top