JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I now have a full house, A 686 is now in the collection.

I just picked this up on my way home from work tonight.
It's the 686 I was hoping to get.
It's still in the box (beat up as it is), absolutly unfired, Model 686 No dash, 6" full lug barrel.
I now have a full set of .357 magnum revolvers in all 4 frame sizes.
I now have these 4 in .357 magnum
Model 340 M&P Ultra-light in J frame,
Model 19-4, a Model 66-3 in the K Frame,
Model 686 in the L frame,
Model 28-2 in the N frame
I still want to get a standard J frame Model 60 in the 357 though.

I just love living here in Idaho where I can do no questions asked face to face private transactions.
No permits required, no waiting periods, no FFL's, and no stupid transfer forms.
The gun fund is now completely empty. I'll probably sell another one or two handguns and a rifle or two before it's over for the long run.

Well here it is. IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

This is way too much fun.
Now it's back to work remodeling to build the kitty back up for the gun show in April.

Gregory

I just found out that this revolver is under an old recall. There's a problem with the cylinder locking up, and when the shooter fights over getting it unlocked the cylinder can spin and it can cause an AD. That's not a good thing. The've also included an advisory recall to have the hammer pin replaced, The recall doesn't explain the issue but it does say the pin can be kept and used in a few other pistols. My guess is they just installed the wrong hammer pin, and it's causing issues with the primer strikes.
I'll call S&W on Monday and arrange getting it sent in for the repairs. My M1A should be at my FFL's on Wednesday or Thursday. When I pick up the rifle I'll drop off the 686 to have it sent to the S&W service center. That way I won't go broke on having to ship it overnight to them thru UPS or FedEx.
As soon as I get it back I'm going to shot it for sure!

Gregory

Nice. I sold a 686 4" many years ago when the wife and I first moved out here and were having money problems. I hated it, but it was what I had to do at the time. Still don't have another L frame, but the overall collection has more than recovered over the years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top