JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets face it: we all love beautiful guns. Sure, they're rugged tools that are meant to serve a purpose, but when the lines between a firearm and a work of art begin to blur, I doubt anyone can help but stare and smile for a moment before slipping it into its holster.

"Wait a sec...", I can already hear you guys asking yourselves, didn't I click on a thread about the P3AT/LCP? While most would never consider a gun with plastic parts even remotely attractive, I'm in the minority. I'm now the owner of the most gorgeous Kel-Tec P3AT I've ever seen, all thanks to David Nielson, owner of SouthRidge Arms :D

I purchased the little mouse gun over four years ago to use as my deep concealed carry gun while attending classes at PCC's Cascade campus. My preferred method of carry was (and still is) a custom IWB holster made by K&D. My original plan was to only carry this when I wasn't able to carry my Glock 19 or 5" 1911, but over the years for whatever reason(s) this gun has spent with me the majority of my waking hours. Better the gun you actually grab before you head out the door than the most ideal gun left in the safe, is the saying. Though my trusty P3AT was in excellent mechanical shape, the bluing was wearing very thin, the gun looked very beat up, and for these superficial reasons I wasn't as fond of it as I once was. I noticed more and more it was being left behind in favor of other, prettier guns when I chose what to take to the range. In addition to all of this I was bombarded stunning Ruger LCP's with their parkerized finishes and their slide catches everywhere I looked; online, at the shops, at the shows. I frequently contemplated the idea of finally parting with my trusty companion in favor of a newer, prettier model with more options. Then Dave sent me a PM with an offer I couldn't refuse.

Dave proposal went like this: In order to get the word out about his company and their work I would send him one of my firearms for refinishing, at no charge to me, and once I had it back I would write an honest review about his work and the experience as a whole. I glanced down at my poor P3AT sitting on the desk; OK, I replied.

I hadn't heard much about SouthRidge prior to this, but what I had heard was all very good. I figured I really didn't have much to lose and a high probability that the transaction would benefit the both of us. I had never actually seen a professionally refinished gun in person, so I really didn't know what to expect, but I was excited to find out.

Waiting at my computer today, staring out my window like a child waiting for Santa Claus, only with more impatience, the mailman finally pulled down my driveway with a package in hand. I threw on my shoes and rushed out to meet him, only to find the package was for my roommate. "That's all?" I asked. "Yeah, but there's some stuff in the box too". After anxiously fumbling for my mailbox key I turned the cylinder and opened the door. I'm sure by now you all know that it was sitting just inside :s0114:

I quickly went inside and tore into the box. After unwrapping all the packaging (they did a great job to ensure it was safely transported) I was shocked to find such a beautiful display of art. Was this the same gun I sent in? wow. I went to work reassembling everything. Surely I'd be ignoring my now-barely-warm lunch for another 20 minutes, but I didn't care. Who can eat? I got a new toy! As I slid the slide into place a funny sensation came over me, as I realized there was no doubt I'd be keeping this gun for many years to come.

I apologize about the poor pictures, I'm still saving my tuition for the PlayboyPenguin School of Firearm Photography :s0155:

I can't remember what he said it was, but I PM'd him and asked so I'll post when I find out again. I *think* he said it's parkerized then Gunkote'd HK black. I sent him the slide, barrel, some of the small parts, and the receiver but since I didn't take the trigger out (you have to break it) he couldn't do the rear of the receiver the same way, so he just touched it up.

That is a wicked nice looking finish on that firearm...
Good job to SouthRidge....Glad to hear that the shipping went well and that you are pleased with the way it came out joelink
Also great to hear of an area business that can do that work...better some one in area if possible...Might be getting a mouse gun that could use a coat on it..
-A

Joey, we needed before pics to really see the difference.

I went to the Southridge shop, really a professional set up. No I was not solicited for that positive comment.

SF-

Hello Joey.
I thought I would chime in and say
I'm Glad your happy with the job,
and yes you were correct it was Parkerized first, since it is a carry gun I though
it would add some durability for you. And it makes a perfect base coat for the
coatings.
It was a pleasure working for you. And don't hesitate if you need something done in the future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top