JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
I am starting to build ARs (I built one lower at Sporting Systems) and am looking for all the tools needed to build an AR. I will be starting with the lowers but real quick I want to build the uppers as well. If you have any tips or tricks I would listen and learn. I would rather buy from here then on Amazon etc.

Thanks very much!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
They also make a special tool for installing or removing the bolt release that I found to be easier than using a regular punch. Wheeler makes them and they are about $10. I suggest getting one of you plan on assembling multiple lowers.

Last Edited:
Some small handy files,
Small punches (solid)
Small Punches(rounded)
Small punches (hollow)
Bicycle wrench
AR Wrench
Small hammer
12inch crescent wrench
Allen wrenches
NoMar polymer(for upper, vise clamp for installation of barrel & barrel nut)
Vise, either machinest or benchtop
Carry Handle or scope riser( to align upper with Handgaurd rail when tightening)

C4E00EF8-D6CA-4122-A33D-223C71BE00C4.jpeg A65D7100-4DB5-4796-889F-81DBCC2DC5CC.jpeg 77A84F56-65ED-472A-AF6D-112B4D5DF05A.jpeg 6A92D8CA-C495-4789-AB60-172D5D7DB03E.jpeg

Last Edited:
Hi I have a few unused AR tools including upper and lower receiver Vice Blocks, AR Wrench that has multiple functions when assembling a AR from scratch, and I also have a castle nut wrench(there is one built into the AR wrench also but the stock wrench is great for tightening a castle nut on a AR pistol tube or commercial tube since a standardAR Wrench is usually unable to fit around the wider tube). Please let me know if interested I had purchased these about a year and a half to 2 years ago and never got around to building with them. I may also have random small AR parts and accessories also.

You don't really need a lot of tools. This is the block I use for installing barrels. Works on flat top or carry handle uppers.
I just installed a barrel yesterday. I have installed about a dozen barrels with these tools.
1587112423301.png
I have had this DPMS wrench for years and works good. But I would buy the Brownell's one today.
1587112947334.png
1587113015156.png
I use this vise block for cleaning the barrel with a bore guide.
1587113528020.png
1587113591351.png

Bench vise, no go headspace gauge, punch set and a roll pin starter punch set. Anti-seize for the barrel nut and receiver threads.:rolleyes:

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top