Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I need some help -- Who is the best 22 shooter?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by mr.revolverguy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. mr.revolverguy

mr.revolverguy Ohio Active Member

I can use some help today in settling a competition.

This morning a debate started in our family by my 12 year old son asking who was the best 22 rifle shot in the family. It started as a family friendly conversation with everyone claiming to be number one, Queen of the 22, Master of Precision, or as my son put it nothing can stop him when he is on the range. According to him he becomes the Zen Master over all the elements, rifle, scope, ammunition and the wind. Fortunately his comment would push mom over the edge and she screams downstairs boys pick out your favorite 22, Dad let’s pack up and head to the range and settle this score once and for all. It is always a fantastic day when you and the family can settle a score and have a great day of family competition on range.

I have posted pictures of the targets here.
    http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=4608

For those that have read my website know that I have no advertisements and get no benefit from anyone visiting as it is just my way of sharing or giving back to the community. I was not intending to post anything, but my wife and son insisted and said we should let the readers decide. If you would leave a comment letting us know what you think as I am sure my son would get a kick out of it.

mjbskwim likes this.
  2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Mighty fine family shooting!
    But like the Old Gunny says
    There's always room for improvement...

Sam Kinard likes this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Fun stuff.

Get rid of the bench and shoot from a standing position without support and judge those targets...

Congrats to the kid with the dime sized group in the last pic;).

Sam Kinard and boogerhook like this.
  4. mr.revolverguy

All fun ---- Kid always win and Mom is always close --- dad is always last ;) Especially in Mom's eyes

Joe13 likes this.
  5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, the final target is very impressive. All of them look great though. I thought it would be interesting early on putting a bolt gun against two semi-autos, it probably was a good idea to stick with one gun. Looks like a fun time.

6. kenjo

kenjo Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great family fun! You and your family would have a blast at an Appleseed event, http://appleseedinfo.org/. No bipods or bench rest, though. You'll learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship the way the Army used to teach it, along with historical background about our marksmanship heritage. Keep the heritage going!

7. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

Joe13 likes this.
  8. Sam Kinard

Sam Kinard Active Member

Looks to me like you're all doing just fine. The kid's last target was quite impressive.

I like the Savage MKII and Ruger 77/22 for bolt-action rimfires. The most accurate semi-auto 22lr I have encountered was a Mossberg 702 Plinkster straight off the rack. Go figure.

Good family fun that is also realistic training is a wonderful thing.

9. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Glad to see a family together at the range.:D

But, remember, Annie Oakley Shot off hand.;)
    Anyone can have a good day on the bench.:rolleyes:

10. mr.revolverguy

Great suggestion on the riflemans challenge, and we all have attended appleseed before and absolutely love it.

Oh yeah don't tell the bench shooters "ANYONE" can have a great day on the bench ;)