JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So im feeling a bit dumb now. I took it out yesterday put in a mag of .223 and it did the same thing. Put in a mag of 5.56 it did the same thing. For some reason I stuck my finger behind the trigger and it clicked forward and then was able to fire again. So I guess its a trigger thing and got better as I shot a couple mags just a little hang up and wasnt fully resetting. I guess I will figure out how to take the trigger out and check for burrs. Again thank you all so much for the help. I really do appreciate it!!!

Were you shooting around the Holiday, Pisgah Home area ? I always hear people shooting out here. The sweet sound of ARs doing mag dumps. :)

Haha thats funny. Yes I was up on Pisgah yesterday just after 4 about a mile past the end of the pavement. I just live down on Sierks.

I bet if I go shoot some rounds while you're outside you'll hear me. I can make it sound close to full auto sometimes. Nice to have a fellow shooter in the area. Mabey your trigger return spring is weak, the lower one. I could show you how to launch springs and loose detent pins, I mean help you w the teardown and replacement if you need. :)

Last Edited:
I bet if I go shoot some rounds while you're outside you'll hear me. I can make it sound close to full auto sometimes. Nice to have a fellow shooter in the area. Mabey your trigger return spring is weak, the lower one. I could show you how to launch springs and loose detent pins, I mean help you w the teardown and replacement if you need. :)
I cant shoot at my house just too many dang neighbors but dang it sounds like war up there on the weekends. If its not worked out yet I will get in touch with you and meet up sometime.

Sometimes a little lube in the right spots and putting more good ammo through it will break it in......check parts after 30-50 rds if running 75% for the first 250rds.....if more prob report back:)

I had the same problem at the range today. Mine was doing it from the very first shot. It would cycle, eject the empty case, load a new round, but the trigger did not reset. This is the Palmetto State kit that I won here. I put it together and then let it sit for several months. I pulled it apart when I got back from the range and examined the gas rings. They were pretty dry and the gaps were within about 5 degrees of each other. Don't know why I didn't notice that before. I rotated them to 120 degrees apart and drenched the bolt/carrier group in CLP. We'll see how it does tomorrow.

I was very careful when I installed the gas block to make sure things lined up, so I don't think it has anything to do with that. If a good soaking and realignment of the gas rings doesn't do it I'm going to look at the buffer spring.

Try loading 2 reds in mag fire rounds...if bolt catch is not engaged when empty...RIFLE IS SHORT STROKING....

CHECK THAT BUFFER RETAINER PIN IS NOT CONTACTING BCG

SEND US A TOP VIEW " SHOWING FCG " of your lower receiver while separated from upper.
PICTURES SPEAK AS LOUD AS WORDS SOMETIMES LOUDER

REMEMBER TO SOAK UP TROUBLESHOOT IDEAS EVEN IF UNRELATEABLE..TRUST US YOU NEED EM....OH YEAH FORGOT..FREE OF CHARGE TO SUPPORTING MEMBERS.
SEND JOE A PIC OF 2 range trash bags collected and join US
IF YOU SHARE

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews