JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not well versed in rifle identification methods, is there a simple system to identify Remington 700 models? I have several that I need to sell, but dont have a clue as to what I have here. Any help would be very much appreciated. This is one of them that was ordered in by a gun store that I did a heck of a lot of business with, they said it was ordered by law enforcement for a swat team. The story I got was this required a purchase order from a LE agency to order it from Remington. This rifle is chambered in 308, and has a Vari-X III Tactical sitting on top. I looked up what the scope cost to replace, $700. I would love to know the pedigree of this gun. I paid a ton for it back in the mid 90's. 308 Remington 700 Sniper Mil-Spec scope 4.5X14 matched drop comp 02.jpg I am more familiar with pistols, but for some reason, I filled my safe with alot of rifles as well.

308 Remington 700 Sniper Mil-Spec scope 4.5X14 matched drop comp 02.jpg

Yep an older Rem 700 PSS , the older Remington (blackened/matt blue) Senderos looked exactly like the first few years of the PSS's, but they are all stamped Sendero on the barrel.

Wait the barrel isn't marked with the remington roll mark?

Just forward on the rcvr off to either side there should be a number and letter..can u tell me if u see them? Remington date code and we can see what year it was made

I am sorry, yes it has the Remington rollmark, and it has the 308 Win as well, there is a "xp" and a number 57 on the left side as I am looking down the scope, along with the serial number, and the Remington roll mark. On the opposite side there is a triangle shape, with rounded points, with what looks like the capital letter "I" in it, there is also an oval shape with the letters "RFP" inside the oval and a "R" just outside the oval. Does any of this make any sense to you?

December 1995 , The triangle is a magnaflux pass/approval stamp, RFP or REP is the factory proof mark, 57 is an inspector/inspectors ID #, as for the R I cant remember..

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much, if you had to look this up in a book of gun values, what would you call it, there are as many different 700's as there are Carters little liver pills.

Well my blue book doesnt list the 700PSS, but mine is outdated.

Best thing to do for pricing is search auctionarms or gunbroker.com and see what Remington 700 PSS .308 are going for. But from the info you have given, I would say the rifle alone is worth $600-$800 + the mounts and rings, and we know what the scope is worth. Really depends on condition, is the stock minty and along with the bore, dings scratches etc really brings the price down. Hope this helps

I have quite a few 700's and have built quite a few.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top