JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a combination of the barrel extension and the receiver. You really only need the cuts on the receiver if you are going to be running full auto or bursts.

Here is a good picture that shows you the differences in rifle cuts and M4 cuts.

gallery_18313_138_71257.jpg

Ok, that makes more sense now. I guess I never paid that much attention to the inside of the upper to notice if it had the M4 cuts or not. I had always noticed them on the barrel extention.

Thank you for the clarification Paradox!

yes its a m4 barrel extension, I will ask then does anyone know of a local machine shop that might be qualified to help me. Anyone here ever used Rich's Gunshop in Donald as a gunsmith? I had a friend say they have helped him in the recent past? Thinking that no feed ramps will work fine, but gonna stick with my gut and have it done.

I went through this when I re-barreled my AR. I thought about doing something with it but ultimately decided to put it together and run it. It works fine, but one of these days I might go back and do it. The main thing is not to use a barrel without M4 cuts with an upper that has M4 cuts.

If it helps you find someone close, look for an engine builder or cylinder head porter. They'll have the tools needed to get the job done and be able to match your cuts without any trouble.

Ok, that makes more sense now. I guess I never paid that much attention to the inside of the upper to notice if it had the M4 cuts or not. I had always noticed them on the barrel extention.

Thank you for the clarification Paradox!

No problem. I think it's very much one of those situations where a picture is truly worth more than a 1000 words.

Next Generation Arms in Idaho can do it for you. Not in portland of course but... I didn't have them but they added them for me and it fixed all of my feed problems. I bought my rifle from them and they didn't charge me. I don't know what they would charge to do it for another brand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top