JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you buy the upper new? If so, see if you can swap it for an M4 upper....

Some will say use a dremel, but it can be done with a chain file also ( which I've done )...only downfall is you will lose the anodizing in the area and will want to re-finish it...( or not, depends on how picky you are )

Unfortunately I m going to be very picky about this one step in making my rifle. I want it done right. I bought the milled set ar15 receivers new/used. Used not built. So getting the factory to do them out isn't a question. Although the tnc factory is in vernonia. And they manufactured this set. Any qualified local Portland area gunsmith will work for me. Anyone know of a pro who can help me with this step?

I'm confused? Aren't the M4 style feed ramps machined into the barrel extension, not the receiver? Maybe I'm wrong, but you might check the barrel/extension you are going to use to see if they have the M4 feed ramps you want.

Again, I don't claim to be an expert, but....

I'm confused? Aren't the M4 style feed ramps machined into the barrel extension, not the receiver? Maybe I'm wrong, but you might check the barrel/extension you are going to use to see if they have the M4 feed ramps you want.

Again, I don't claim to be an expert, but....

It's a combination of the barrel extension and the receiver. You really only need the cuts on the receiver if you are going to be running full auto or bursts.

Here is a good picture that shows you the differences in rifle cuts and M4 cuts.

gallery_18313_138_71257.jpg

kinda bad pic , but heres what I want it to look like as this pic shows the barrel that will be in the milled upper I plan to use in this match set build.

If your'e that deadset you'll probably pay a smith another $50-$100 in their time- and if you want reanodized you'll probably be adding to that- to do what could be done with a dremel, or ordering the proper parts in the first place. As you can see from the pics above realistically if your barrel does have m4 cuts, you'll still be ok. However if your barrel does not and you add the cuts to receiver you've now just set up issues for hanging up while feeding.

yes its a m4 barrel extension, I will ask then does anyone know of a local machine shop that might be qualified to help me. Anyone here ever used Rich's Gunshop in Donald as a gunsmith? I had a friend say they have helped him in the recent past? Thinking that no feed ramps will work fine, but gonna stick with my gut and have it done.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top