JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reducing recoil spring weight might/will make pistol inoperable or at least unreliable. The frame will also suffer. It is possible that a lighter spring with lighter load might work. See what Wolff has to offer, they make many "custom" tuned recoil springs. If all else fails trade it in on a .380 cal.

Id suggest not altering the factory parts in any way, the likelihood of a malfunction is more likely when altered parts are placedin the firearm.

Instead, have her check out "The well armed woman" facebook page.
There are a few tips and tricks for women to rack the slide a little easier such as:
Have her hand grasp over the slide and instead of pulling the slide back, push the lower pistol grip portion forward while holding the slide in place, once the lower pistolgrip portion is fully forward haveher let go of the slide and presto!

Its not at all a "tactical" or "stress condition" manipulation, but it'll definitely allow her to rack even the stiffest slides.

My woman has the grip strength of a marshmallow and weighs only 120-130 and after she learned the little tips and tricks she's able to rack any of my pistols and load and reload just fine.

Try that first before swapping springs. Just my .02

Id suggest not altering the factory parts in any way, the likelihood of a malfunction is more likely when altered parts are placedin the firearm.

Instead, have her check out "The well armed woman" facebook page.
There are a few tips and tricks for women to rack the slide a little easier such as:
Have her hand grasp over the slide and instead of pulling the slide back, push the lower pistol grip portion forward while holding the slide in place, once the lower pistolgrip portion is fully forward haveher let go of the slide and presto!

Its not at all a "tactical" or "stress condition" manipulation, but it'll definitely allow her to rack even the stiffest slides.

This, try different ways of racking the slide, the smallest and super low upper body strength ladies can rack the slide, with one of the various methods.

I would not change out the recoil spring at all, lack of reliability, wear and tear on the gun. As a denfense gun you need a reliable gun and a change in the recoil spring could effect this.

Try a pull/push method, push the gun away as she pulls the slide back. She may just need to learn how to force it. Wife had trouble with my glock for some strange reason as she has plenty of strength. Told her to push the frame away as she pulled the slide and she now has 0 problems, with any firearm. Her PX4 she just bought is super stiff but she had no problem with it.

Thank you for all the input we are trying some different methods and things seem to be working good this way since I am not able to change the spring. I was told it may not function properly or damage the gun. As for now, we are keeping the gun and tuning her skills.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top