JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in need of a gun safe. I am active duty military and move every few years so I want to try and keep the weight down if at all possible since we are only allowed a certain amount of weight unless we pay out of pocket for the difference. With that being said, I would like to find something that holds at least 24 long guns. I'd like to have the best protection from theft and fire but remain as light as possible. If I can't accomplish this, I think I might look into finding a heavier setup and sell it when I move. I don't want to deal with a cabinet since they won't stop much of anything for theft and we won't even bring up fire...lol.

That's tough...one of a safe's main benefits is that its weight provides protection against someone stealing the whole safe. Bolting whatever you buy down is a good idea, though if you're renting that might not be an option.

I have no idea what the quality is, what they cost, or what kind of fire protection they offer, but Zanotti has advertised in magazines their safes you can disassemble and reassemble. One of the selling points is that you could put it inside a room or closet where it's too big to get out the door, and you can only disassemble if it's open.

Not endorsing them - never seen one - just tossing out an idea.

I will check them out. Even though it's not the best place for it, I will probably put the safe in the garage. Reasoning is that I do rent. In the garage, I can still bolt it to the floor. Whenever I do get orders and leave, I can pull the bolts and take the safe with. After that, I can grind down the studs in the concrete and it will be hard to even see where it really was at. Even so, my landlord is cool and doesn't care much as long as I pay rent on time. Even let me cut a hole through the wall for a dog door from house to garage, lol.

The real problem is that lightweight safes are vulnerable to prying open.

There are lots of ways to make a safe temporarily heavier - just put some heavy stuff in it - but you can't fix the problem of someone prying/drilling into it without using thicker steel and that's heavy.

'i like the snall one.
When you talk to anyone about safes
I - there us no sales tax on sages
II - ask if the have a discount fir military.
III- If you have to gp overseas I wll gladly take care of your guns for you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top