JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a review on the Rohm 66.
Take it for what it's worth. Good Luck.

Posted: March 10, 2012 9:53 AM
The Rohm revolvers is one of a series of cheap and poorly made handguns that were banned by the Gun Control Act of 1968.
The Model 66 is similar to the Model RG-63 and the later Model RG-86..they are loosely based on the Colt Single Action Army they are copies and not clones and no parts interchange. However...the take down and reassembly instructions for the Colt SAA and its many clones will help in the take down, inspection and repair.
FWIW, there are no parts being manufactured for this model. The exception may be grips. A source of parts, besides our host, is ARMATT...e-mail to [email protected]...
The difference between the RG-63 and the RG-66 is the 66 has interchangeable cylinders... a 22 LR and a 22mag and is equipped with adjustable sights.
Two barrel lengths were made...4.75" and 6". To put things in perspective..back in the mid 1960's there was a great deal of to do over the import of cheap handguns of poor quality.. this resulted in the Gun Control Act of 1968 which banned just about everything that Rohm made and the quality was so poor that even guns that were not repaired were (often) not even suitable for salvaging of parts.
If the piece has great sentimental value (????) the best place for it is secured to a plaque and hanging on the wall of your customer's den...
The search for usable parts will likely expend numerous man-hours and drive the price of repair to several time the value of the gun... even then... it may not get thru a box of ammo before it goes belly-up again.. repairs to it are a poor investment... another possible source of parts is VTI Replica Gun Parts.
The host of this forum, has on his website, several Illustrated Parts Breakdowns of the several RG revolvers.. yours is covered under "RG 63"
A quick look at the IPR and parts list suggests that what parts are available are limited.
I would compare what you have to the IPB and make up a list and then check to see what is available...then move on to other possible sources.
To help with the decision to repair..here are the book values on the Model 66.. EXC = $90..... VGood = $75.....Good = $60 these are for a BLUED model, the Nickle EXC = $95.. VGood = $80 and Good = $65 as you can see.. you don't have to buy very many replacement parts before you have spent more than the gun is worth.........

Which model of Rohm 66 is it, in my search there were several variables in the 66 !!!

Most I could find was anything over 22LR is probably unsafe due to "zinc die cast" parts... But more research by you could find yours is OK.

Rohm RG Revolver and Automatic Pistol Parts, German Pistol Parts, Bob's Gun Shop, RG Gun Parts, Rohm Single Action Gun Parts, RG Rohm Derrigner Parts, RG Rohm , RG Rohm RG-26 25 Automatic Parts, RG Rohm RG-25 Automatic pistol parts, RG Rohm Pistol Gr has parts, Numerich will as well, more than likely... Good luck

philip,
In the Boondocks...

No disrespect but from personal experience:
Take it to a gun Buy-Back event and try to get some money out of it
take the money and buy a Ruger.
My grandpa had a cheap Spanish copy of an old Iver Johnson bulldog. The chamber was 29 cal and the bore was a 30 cal smooth bore, 1" barrel It seemed well made, but might have violated a few laws if the wrong fed saw it was a smooth bore, it was worth about $15 as a curio as no ammo would fit.
I got $50 for it from a buy back program

The 22's are plenty safe to shoot, if the timing is spot on!

I have one in .357mag....its a wall hanger!

As for a manual, not going to find one. Best thing to do is just take it apart and look, they are pretty simple.

http://www.gun-parts.com/singleactions/DSC03562.JPG

DSC03562.JPG

Did you get it back together?
I initially thought a part was broken or it was out of time or something.. not that it was just in a jar..
Any luck?

Heh, that's great. I took a friend's .357 COP apart many years ago when I was like 18 and couldn't get it back together. I had to foot the bill for a smith to do it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top