JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same here. Mines probably 10 yrs old and definitely is a little worse for wear...
Mines only a few months old :eek: I did convert it so I can cold smoke with it

IMG_2390.JPG

The tillamook extra sharp cheddar in the black label (aged 15 years :eek:) is the most amazing thing I smoke. I give it as gifts to 90% of my family and friends and they want nothing else! Also the mailbox mod for cold smoking is a must

Not to throw a wrench in the monkey works, but Why not make your own Smoker?!?!? I have made a few electrics and they work very well. I like to build mine out of heavy Hard wood usually beech and then ceder line them. I get fire place glass and fire welt at the fire place shops, and Ace Hardware for most every thing else. I like the electric stove top burners and old steel ford van hubcaps for chip/chunk trays. I can keep the temps nice and cool, or I can really crank them up and carmalise the bark, or I can cold smoke with a remote burner set up like posted above for doing cheese and other things that don't need the heat!

Not to throw a wrench in the monkey works, but Why not make your own Smoker?!?!? I have made a few electrics and they work very well. I like to build mine out of heavy Hard wood usually beech and then ceder line them. I get fire place glass and fire welt at the fire place shops, and Ace Hardware for most every thing else. I like the electric stove top burners and old steel ford van hubcaps for chip/chunk trays. I can keep the temps nice and cool, or I can really crank them up and carmalise the bark, or I can cold smoke with a remote burner set up like posted above for doing cheese and other things that don't need the heat!
I've built wood fired smokers before but never thought of going gas or electric. That'd be much better insulated for winter smoking.
Oh well too late now, I picked up a Smoke Hollow on the way home,so just have to set up the mailbox,etc.

Like this?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've been thinking on using those charcoal starters and a fry pan just to try it. On a windy day all I can get is 175*, so a good cold smoke.
I don't think the wood you use is for any more than looks. (Not including treated wood for inside) Basically after the first good smoke any wood will be saturated. This is pine I have milled with my Alaskan chainsaw mill. And I did harvest it also.
I get as much fruit wood as I can from friends and family. And I had my hunting partners bring me some alder. Any little bit helps

Like this?
View attachment 356579
View attachment 356580
View attachment 356581
I've been thinking on using those charcoal starters and a fry pan just to try it. On a windy day all I can get is 175*, so a good cold smoke.
I don't think the wood you use is for any more than looks. (Not including treated wood for inside) Basically after the first good smoke any wood will be saturated. This is pine I have milled with my Alaskan chainsaw mill. And I did harvest it also.
I get as much fruit wood as I can from friends and family. And I had my hunting partners bring me some alder. Any little bit helps

I love having the smoker made out of hard wood, I find it helps keeps the temps stable and takes less heat to maintain, thus, I get a more even smoke for less wood used. Up here we have a lot of aspen which isn't really good for much and the pine burns really sooty, so I have to watch it. I haul in fire wood from up north or out of state because of this. it's also nice that my dad and family bring me hickory and other smoking wood from Arizona. Love that smoker you got there!

IMG_2042.JPG

Like this?
View attachment 356579
View attachment 356580
View attachment 356581
Brother and I caught on to the idea of the offset fire box 1 smoker too late. 1st one we built (45 yrs or so ago) we just had a fire pit in it. 4-5 yrs later we learned how hot a wooden smoker that's been well oiled with 1000's of lbs of black cod and salmon will burn. Flames were probably 20-25 ft high and we were really regretting placing the smoker so close to those fir trees. :eek:

Alder is all I've ever used on fish mainly because my dad used it and nothing else. It just wouldn't taste right.

Are you using the A-maz-n smoke tubes? 1 or 2 12 inchers?
Was going to order them tonight, but not sure if one would be enough.
Get this one, using lumberjack pellets it will burn for 12hrs. Or if you want more smoke you can light both ends at the same time. I got bored today and added some wheels and raised my smoker up 6 inches. I also attached the mailbox so it moves as one unit :D

Amazon.com : A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker : Cheese Cold Smokers : Patio, Lawn & Garden

IMG_2473.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads