Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I need a new CC pistol...

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by SigSamuer, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SigSamuer

SigSamuer Portland, OR Member

I am looking to purchase a new concealed carry or two....Here is what I'm looking for:

Springfield XD-9 or XD-40, sub-compact 3" barrel

Walther PPS 9mm or 40mm

Kel-Tec PF9

Kahr PM9 or PM40

Maybe a Walther P22, but I'm hesitant due to the smaller cartridge....I would maybe consider in a package deal with another of the handguns above...

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions that are in the same price range that you would suggest, please feel free to let me know...I'll also mention that I am NOT a Glock fan, I can appreciate if you are, but I'm not.....

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hey buddy, that Sig getting a little too bulky?

The XD's are great guns, tons of fans out there. Me personally, I'm selling most of the 'other' pistols and buying 1911's. Once you carry something that thin and comfortable it's hard to go back to anything else.

3. mobil1

mobil1 Northwest Active Member

Its funny how one can like an XD but not a glock, and vice versa :laugh:

I like both the glock and the XD, but I cant say that Im a fan of Kahr's. I know its a popular choice, but I didnt like how they disassembled.

I guess out of the choices listed, I would have to say the XD-9. The only thing I will say about the XD's, is make sure you practice your draw. One in maybe 15 times the handgun failed to fire because I didnt engage the safety all the way on the handgrip. Doesnt happen often, but man, I wouldnt want it to happen if Im drawing in a life or death situation :paranoid:

Heres my buddies next to my trusty sig, they sure were fun to fire with one in each hand :D

Picture010.jpg

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I have a Kahr PM9 in stock right now.

It has the Black slide and night sights.

5. SigSamuer

Yeah the Sig isn't comfortable anymore....Especially since I'm not wearing the type of clothes that can conceal the shoulder rig or paddle holster I was carrying it in....

I would want a Kimber Ultra Compact 1911, but I can't reconcile spending that much money on one firearm right now....

6. SigSamuer

How much are you asking for it? Is it NIB?

7. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

$629 NIB
    Kieths has them also for the same price with no night sights.

I can order any one that you like also.

8. martinellicider

martinellicider Eugene Oregon Member

Have you considered a makarov? definitely not a .22 , but still easily concealed, and about the same size as a glock 19. I think its just a tad slimmer, and the slide is not a square and bulky.

9. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Holy Old thread batman,

I would hope he found a new gun in a year and a half.

10. gunhummer

gunhummer Columbia Gorge Member

Thanks TonsO'OR Brass. I always like a good, "holy something batman". First smile for me all day.

11. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

+1 on the 1911

Or a high power