JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Heres the deal... I have an 06 Pontiac G6 With a lil over 93k miles on it... but the issue i am having is this:

I turn the and it will turn over and keep turning over like its not getting any gas.. just crank crank crank.... (it also does this when i try to start it with the remote start) sometimes it will eventually start other times it will stall an not start... turn the key again it usually starts... sometimes i will turn the key and it starts then dies... then try again and it starts ok.... now recently (with in the past few days) a couple things stay on when the key is out...1) the passenger airbag light stays on saying OFF... (which it should go off when the key is turned off) and 2) the cruse control button has a green light on it that comes on when its on... Well it continues to stay on after the car is off... and NOW the real kicker... this JUST started to happen as well with in the last couple days.... I turn the key to shut off the car.. pull the key out... and well the cars still running!! its shuts off about 6-8 seconds later.. I can even give it gas and it will rev up.. WTF! lol... im at a total loss... my guess its all connected.. perhaps an ignition switch??

Without testing anything I am only guessing. Start with the ignition switch. I have replaced several in late 00's GMs. Mostly for parasitic draw problems rather than no start. A wonky (yes its a technical term) relay, ECU or BCM could also be a culprit.

Also let me know what engine it has in it and I'll check AllData for TSB's

You may have nailed it Mark.
First step - Have the shop read the engine codes. The have a meter, a little computer, they plug in and the code helps narrow the problem saving you money on diagnostics.

I recently had emer. flashers come on when i turn off the key. headlights also came on. Turn signal would not shut off after making the turn.
And all i had wrong was a bad alternator.

if the check engine light comes on, a fast check w/a OBD scanner can get you a read out on what it could be. If you have an AUTOZONE in your area they do a free computer scan on your car. It maybe able to get you looking in the right area.

if the check engine light comes on, a fast check w/a OBD scanner can get you a read out on what it could be. If you have an AUTOZONE in your area they do a free computer scan on your car. It maybe able to get you looking in the right area.

Most of the chain parts stores have these available. I always reset the codes to see if they come back.

Just what I would do, if it's not a factory remote start unit. I would have that disconnected and see if you have the same problem. There might be a short in it, with you saying the car stays on when the key is off. That is something that remote starts have wired into them, they can start and keep the car running without a key in. They basically hotwire the car remotely, They also have sensors in it that will not allow to the car to start, such as if it's in gear, or sometimes done as a security feature if it is with an alarm. It sounds like there could be something going on with that unit there, that could be causing you these headaches.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top