JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Winchester Ranger 30-30, lever action, side eject model, that my gunsmith was unable to find a part for. I'm not sure of the part name or number, but it is the part ( approximately a 1" x 3" machined plate) with a small nipple at the tube / magazine end, that helps to feed the bullet from the tube to the firing chamber. The little nipple on that part in my rifle broke off and the bullets will not feed correctly because the missing nipple lets the bullets come out of the tube/magazine. It looks like an easy repair, just find the right part with a good nipple and replace. Carl & Hank in Oakville ( these guys are superb) couldn't find the part, but they mostly have top eject older model 94 parts, and I can't seem to find a parts place that stocks parts for the side eject, lever action, Winchester Ranger 30-30. ( I even tried the site Winchester suggested, Midwestgunworks.com, but the model is not listed there). Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

The part it needs appears to be the "link" part that goes from the lever to the actions frame of the rifle and has a small piece at the top front to keep the bullets in the tube magazine. It appears that the "carrier" part is in good condition. The "link" part has to be for a side eject Ranger model in 30-30. This model has a safety on the side plate and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts above the Breech bolt area. See pics above.

If anyone would like to take this rifle off my hands, I'd go for $180 or a nice Ruger 10-22.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top