Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I Need a Gunsmith / parts for a Winchester Ranger 30-30 Vancouver Wa

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by 100$bill, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 100$bill

100$bill vancouver Wa Member

I have a Winchester Ranger 30-30, lever action, side eject model, that my gunsmith was unable to find a part for. I'm not sure of the part name or number, but it is the part ( approximately a 1" x 3" machined plate) with a small nipple at the tube / magazine end, that helps to feed the bullet from the tube to the firing chamber. The little nipple on that part in my rifle broke off and the bullets will not feed correctly because the missing nipple lets the bullets come out of the tube/magazine. It looks like an easy repair, just find the right part with a good nipple and replace. Carl & Hank in Oakville ( these guys are superb) couldn't find the part, but they mostly have top eject older model 94 parts, and I can't seem to find a parts place that stocks parts for the side eject, lever action, Winchester Ranger 30-30. ( I even tried the site Winchester suggested, Midwestgunworks.com, but the model is not listed there). Any help would be appreciated.

2. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

If none of the other have the part you need.........I have a secret parts supplier that always come thru for me.

Jack First

just google it!

6. 100$bill

100$bill vancouver Wa Member

Hi,

The part it needs appears to be the "link" part that goes from the lever to the actions frame of the rifle and has a small piece at the top front to keep the bullets in the tube magazine. It appears that the "carrier" part is in good condition. The "link" part has to be for a side eject Ranger model in 30-30. This model has a safety on the side plate and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts above the Breech bolt area. See pics above.

If anyone would like to take this rifle off my hands, I'd go for $180 or a nice Ruger 10-22.