Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I need a good skill gunsmith for ARs.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by fastkatanaboy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. fastkatanaboy

fastkatanaboy Portland New Member

Anyone have a good referral. I need a good gunsmith to build, mod and accurize various guns but mainly ARs. Eastside Portland would be a plus.

Thanks!

2. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

i know a guy in washington .he has an ffl ,his name is matt and his company is called mean green firearms .check him out he does ar customizing 360 477 7584

3. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Do it yourself?

4. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

+1 Ted.

building, mods, accessories, and accurizing ARs is something anyone with a slight mechanical understanding, basic tools, and mild research can do by themselves.

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  5. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Another +1 for Ted

what is it your trying to do that would require a gunsmith ? ARs are usually accurized by replacing the trigger group and replacing the barrel and sights and floating the barrel which is all done with basic Ar15 tools action block, barrel wrench, vise , and some punches and a few other inexpensive tools

if your getting into chamber or crowning work may need a gunsmith but it would be easier and less expensive just to buy the barrel you want with it all done already

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

What FarmerTed, OR4X4, and Eldbillbo said... basic machanical inclination and the ability to "turn a wrench", a few (not terribly expensive) specific tools, and you are SOOOO golden with the AR platform. Its amazing how "modular" and "versatile" this system is... I just wish the components were as "cheap" as AK parts!

7. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

The AR platform is incredibly easy to deal with and there are tons of resources on the internet dedicated to that particular rifle. Very do-it-yourself friendly.