JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pictures would be helpful. Colt Auto Pistol, Pocket Model also known as 1903 Colt Hammerless Pocket Model. I've seen nickel plated ones but never one in silver so it would be a special order from the factory if it is original. Does it have any engraving? What material are the grips?

Last Edited:
Yes that is what it is

uploadfromtaptalk1422089643975.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422089652110.jpg

This is a Colt Model 1903 Pocket or Model M 32 ACP. They are categorized as having 4 "types", of which this one is a "type 3". I'm pretty sure this is a nickle finish and most, but not all, of those had pearl grips
My best guess is that this is worth between $700 and $1000, but I am far from an expert.
We have a 1908 380 ACP gun which is almost identical to a 1903.

I agree this is a nickel finish rather than silver. I looked on GunBroker for successful auctions and the price ranges from $400 all they way to $1975 for nickel finish. The price is based on condition. The one for $1975 was engraved as well. If you go into GunBroker click on the advanced search button in the upper right hand corner. Then click on the tab that says "Completed" and type "Colt 1903 nickel" in the search box. When you click "Search" it will bring up all the completed auctions. Filter them by number of bids so you can see which ones actually got bids and sold. Scroll all the way down because there are more successful auctions below.

I've had a couple of these and still have a really nice one Great shooters and still not a bad concealed carry pistol. The longer barrel will give a little more "pop" from the 32acp than the very short pocket guns. If you look at the one side there seems to be pitting which is common to a pistol that may have laid in a drawer for years. I believe that it has been refinished as the nickel seems to go into the pits. I think $400 to $500 would fair if it is mechanically sound but not close to $1000 in this condition. People ask outrageous prices for these and really nice ones sometimes sell but shooter grade can be found reasonable if you are patient. Factory grips can be black hard rubber or checkered walnut. I don't know if the pearl grips were factory or aftermarket as I haven't seen that many as people talk about. I always look at these at shows and this has been my experience. These are a lot of fun to shoot and can teach you about shooting with very small sights. I don't know about the later ones but these came with a colt two-tone magazine which in nice condition can bring $80 to $100 dollars.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads